Chapter 5

"This is ludicrous!" Phoebe complained as she walked to Scotland Yard with the others.

Sherlock merely let out a hearty laugh as he continued to follow Inspector Lestrade. Though, it wasn't like he had much choice in the matter. "The utter genius! The victim writing my name in blood! That's rich! Good show."

"We were together at the estimated time of death. Meaning he has a solid alibi," John spoke up as he glared at Lestrade.

"That's why were taking you all in," George replied calmly.

"Ask the barkeep! We were there all night!" Phoebe tried, her frown never leaving her face.

"Honestly, Scotland Yard's always easily duped. You find my name at the crime scene and think I'm the culprit," Sherlock said casually with a grin.

A new man with some officers around him walked up with a smjug look on his face. "We'll see how long your arrogance holds given the mountain of evidence."

"Ah. That explains it. Who else but you, Gregson," Sherlock replied, not phased by the accusation.

"Nothing thrills me more than to finally see your smug face behind bars," Gregson jabbed as he got up into Sherlock's face. "Damn Bohemian."

"You do realize the reason the Yard's so incompetent is 'cause it's overrun with insufferable prats like yourself?" Sherlock shot back with a smile. "You'll be an assistant inspector forever if that mystery eludes you."

"Show Mister Holmes to his new quarters."

"Sir!" The two officers replied to Gregson's order.

"As for your three witnesses, there's a few matters we'd like to ask them about," Gredgson said as he glared at the consulting detective.

-

Phoebe sat in the room by herself for about ten minutes before Gregson walked in with a smug grin on his face.

"So, I need your name before we start off," Gregson spoke as he sat across from Phoebe.

"Phoeboletta Hunt, daughter of Lord Alastor Hunt," Phoebe replied blankly as she rested her hands on her lap.

"The Lord Hunt? And what is a noblewoman like you doing consorting with the likes of Sherlock Holmes?" Gregson laughed a bit as he leaned back in his chair.

"It's quite simple, actually, I grew up with him and his older brother was my tutor. Sherlock and I recently recconected and I came out to dinner with him, his potential new flatmate, and his landlady," Phoebe explained, knowing that this man clearly had it out for Sherlock. Not that she could blame him, but still, an innocent man is still an innocent man no matter how much you hate him.

"So then walk me through what happened today," Gregson continued to question, hoping for the right evidence to convict Holmes of murder.

Phoebe sighed and relaxed in her chair. "I showed up to Sherlock's flat and met Dr Watson there before we went to go see Sherlock. After Sherlock being a spaz, we left to meet up with Miss Hudson for dinner and drinks at the Bugle Tavern. Miss Hudson was trying to see if Dr Watson was a suitable candidate for being Sherlock's flatmate and I was honestly just along for the ride. I was planning on talking to Miss Hudson about moving into one of her flats though. Is that enough information for you, assistant inspector?"

Gregson glowered at her as she returned the smug grin he had earlier.

"So Sherlock was with you the whole time, is what you're saying? Which seems impossible because he was obviously our culprit. The victim even confirmed it," Gregson shot back. "So which part did you lie about? Maybe you were there with him."