Chapter 10

The two walked through the train together and went to the first class carriage where their cabin was located.

Sherlock went to grab the handle only to find it locked. He looked inside to see John resting with a scowl on his face, hat pulled over his eyes.

The detective grumbled and turned away from the door. "Fine, then. Food it is."

Phoebe clicked her tongue as she turned to follow Sherlock towards the dining car.

"I'm sure he'll come around, Sherly. You just have to give him time," Phoebe said as she glanced up at the man beside her.

"If you ask me, he's the one being childish," Sherlock scoffed.

"He has every right to be cross with you," Phoebe replied as she bumped into him purposefully. "You need to learn to be more respectful."

"But I-"

"I'm not listening to your excuses. Now, come on. I would like to eat if you don't mind."

"Yes, ma'am," Sherlock huffed, walking into the dining car with her.

They were met by a waiter who led them to the first table.

"Will this table do, sir?" The waiter asked Sherlock who shrugged.

"Yeah," he said carelessly as he slipped into the booth, picking up a menu as Phoebe sat opposite to him.

"Confound him. He's like an old maid. Lecturing me," Sherlock continued to grumble which earned him a kick from under the table.

"He has every right to worry about you and get upset when you don't take care of yourself," Phoebe said as she picked up her own menu.

Sherlock looked up at her to reply before something caught his eye. He perked up as a smile spread across his face.

He shot out of his seat. "I'm switching tables!"

"Sherlock?" Phoebe put her menu down as she stood to follow him. "What are you-?"

She saw the table he had gone to, walking over as well.

"Well, now. Professor. What are the odds?" Sherlock spoke as he sat down in the booth opposite William, next to who Phoebe could only assume was the youngest of the three Moriarty brother's.

"I remeber. You and I met while we were aboard the Noahtic," William said as he gave a small smile.

"The name's Sherlock," the detective reminded as he looked at the professor intently.

"Yes, and Miss Hunt, a pleasure to see you again ass well. Please, sit," WIlliam said as he moved over for Phoebe to sit beside him.

She bowed her head slightly before sliding into the seat beside him.

"I was unaware that you two knew each other," William said as he looked between Sherlock and Phoebe.

"Yes, I've known Phee practically my whole life. She was the second opinion I told you about," Sherlock said to which Willaim nodded. "She had my complete faith."

"And he was the one I mentioned who had taught me that magic trick," Phoebe added with a smile. "I hadn't expected to see him on the Noahtic, but I'm quite glad."

"I would say so. You look much happier than when I saw you last. And Sherlock, you're quite famous these days. I recently read in the newspapers how you solved the case of Lord Drebber's murder," William said while Louis seemed to study Sherlock's features, as if trying to read his thoughts.

"That is the real mystery. My intention was for Lestrade to take all the credit for it," Sherlock replied as he looked at the professor. "Euther a reporter sniffed out the truth, or someone leaked it."