A New Hope

Jocelyn paced through the forest floor, Dex next to her, working on some sort of DNA strip that would give them access to the hideout.

She held out an arm in front of him, and motioned for him to stop.

"You guys there?" she whispered over the intercom.

"Yeah." came their replies.

They had split up into groups, Jo and Dex, Tam and Linh, Marella and Jensi.

They would enter the hideout from all sides, slowly converging on the safe where the chip was being kept.

Their backup plan was to have Marella burn everything, but she was hoping it didn't come to that.

"Ok. We're entering the east side now. Stay safe." she whispered back, as Dex pressed the DNA strip against the glass door.

She gasped in admiration as the doors intricately slid back, revealing the machinery inside.

She stepped into the shadows and dragged Dex with her.

"Ok, so Tam and Linh have the west side covered, Marella and Jensi have North. According to the blueprints, the locks on our side need to be disabled first, then the twins, then Marella and Jensi." Dex whispered.

"Got it." she whispered back, as her hand located the latch and flipped it.

A screeching alarm sounded.

"Shit!" Dex yelled, when black cloaked figures seemingly appeared out of nowhere.

"Holy shit- guys can you hear me? Get the fuck out of here!" Jo yelled into the mic pack.

"They've found us too! Just try to keep going with the mission, we don't have another choice." Marella yelled back.

Jo took a deep breath, and pulled out a throwing star and dagger.

Ded had already pulled out a few gadgets and a blade. (Idk he just seemed like a blade type of dude)

She did a backflip and hit her attacker on the side of his head with the flat part of her dagger to knock him out, and tied him up for good measure.

She saw Dex doing the same to his attacker, except he had a thin line of blood on his arm.

"Don't train for one day and you lose your touch." Jo teased as she applied a balm to his wound which disappeared.

"Shut up." Dex grumbled, but the corners of his mouth were upturned.

They continued into the halls and bypassed a few more security measures before the others checked in.

"We're good, we had four attackers, Marella has a slight limp but she's okay." Jensi said.

Four attackers. They had only had two.

"We're good, Tam blinded them and I knocked them out." Linh's melodious voice said.

"Ok, let's stop here and take a break, we don't want to send some sort of alert by breaking too many codes. But this technology is seriously advanced for humans. It's more like Elvin technology if anything." Dex said.

"Yeah about that- how did they just appear out of thin air?" Marella said.

"I conjured them to Gethen, so he'll check if there's anything suspicious." Jo said reassuringly.

"K if you say so." Tam said.

"G'night guys." Dex said, already half asleep, probably drained from bypassing all the security.

"G'night." they all echoed.

Soon they were fast asleep.

"Dex. Dex. Dex wake up." Jo said, gently shaking Dex awake.