Star Wars - The Semifinals

Dex didn't think the day could get much worse.

First, he had teleported straight onto Wonderboy.

They were basically nose to nose.

He had obviously pushed Wonderboy off of him, fuming.

Keefe wouldn't shut up, so Dex started planning a long list of elixirs that he was going to slip into his food.

Then, Biana had dragged the girls inside for makeover, which left the awkward combination of him, Tam, Fitz, Jensi and Keefe.

What could go wrong?

Long story short, Tam had ended up chasing Keefe around Everglen with a murderous look for pushing him into the lake.

Dex, in turn had pushed Fitz into the lake, who had pulled Dex in, making him fall on top of him (again? Just his luck. Curse his scrawny frame.)

Jensi had ran away to stop Tam from killing Keefe, which currently wasn't going too well.

Then, Fitz had sunk waist deep into the mud, pulling Dex in with him.

So here he was, awkwardly trying to get off Fitz while his feet were stuck in mud.

"Uh- mind if I pull my hands out? I could push myself out? Maybe?" Dex said, sounding unsure of his plan.

"Why would I mind?" Fitz said, rolling his eyes.

Dex scoffed. "Cause I would have to do this."

He pulled his hands out, put them on Fitz's shoulders, and rolled them out of the lake.

Fitz coughed out water, while Dex got off of Fitz and crumpled next to him, scraping off mud.

"I leave for one minute and this happens! What is wrong with boys!" Biana screeched, dragging a drenched Tam, a worn out Jensi, and a dirt covered Keefe.

Fitz looked like he was trying to form an explanation.

He didn't have too, as Linh choose that moment to spray them all, washing off the mud and dirt.

The girls were standing behind Biana, coolly watching them. Or Jocelyn and Linh were. Stina and Maruca were snickering, and Marella was taking pictures on her imparter.

Biana had clearly been hard at work.

Stina looked friendly- and her hair was tame. She was wearing a deep purple dress that had long sleeves and amethysts on the bottom. Maruca's hair was in an elegant knot in the back of her head. She was wearing a dark blue dress that stopped at the knees and had flowers etched into it. Linh was wearing an ocean blue flowy dress that was elegantly layered, with streaks of silver running through. Her hair was loose slightly curled. Marella was wearing a dress that gave the effect of fire. The bottom was a progression from black to orange, with yellow gems throughout. Her hair was in it's normal style, the braids more refined and neat. Jocelyn was in a simple lilac dress, with slightly poofy sleeve and a skirt that stopped just below the knees. Little flowers were embroidered throughout. And of course, there were slight touches to their makeup, but Biana seemed to have refrained herself.

Biana snapped Dex out of his thoughts by pulling him up and dragging him into Everglen.

Dex mouthed, Help me!

Not a chance. They mouthed back.

Dex was given a new outfit to change into, which he assumed was one of Wonderboy's old ones, which bothered him more than he'd like to admit.

He had come out, and Fitz was snickering.

"Dude- that was from 3 years ago. I never wore it, how does it fit you?" Fitz said, still cracking up.

"Shut up." Dex said, glowering.

Just then, Tam came out, with his bangs tamed and wearing a classy black suit. He didn't look happy about this, and pushed Dex inside.

"Your turn." he said, taking obvious pleasure that someone else would suffer.

Dex groaned as Biana showed him in a chair and bombarded him with hair products.

When she was done, he hadn't changed that much.

His hair had a cute swoop to it, and it had a shine.

He walked out, and Marella gave him a playful punch.

Joeclyn whistled. "Looking good Shrek."

"Not looking too bad yourself." Dex said, deciding to ignore the Shrek part.

"Ok that's enough. I never want another makeover as long as I live." Tam grumbled, obviously not liking his new style.

"Which is forever." Keefe said, poking him.

"That's what you think." Tam grumbled under his breath, but loud enough for everyone to hear.

There was an awkward silence.

"Uh- we'd better get going. It's starting soon." Maruca pointed out.

The Cygnets tensed at this, running over the plan.

Nobody seemed to notice, as they joined hands and leapt to Prism Peaks, where the Festival was taking place.

They went to the back, where Dex set up his inventions.

Linh played with the water, and Marella let the flames lock her palms.

Jocelyn and Tam were practicing with the crystals and shadows, and the rest were practicing levitation.

Biana and Fitz would be levitating the colored orbs of light, and Stina and Maruca would be shattering the crystals.

A fanfare played and they got in position.

Linh stood in the wings, and created a stream of water that went around the stage, in a beautiful intricate motion.

Marella's flames met it in the middle, and there was a hiss.

The water and fire did an intricate dance, and the shadows joined in.

It was truly beautiful, the elements dancing together.

Then, the crystals and orbs rose, earning a round of "Ooh!" from the audience.

The crystals shattered, and the light hit them and illuminated the stage, where Dex created a synthetic snow and wind, so that everything was flurrying around.

Then, once it quieted, Sophie teleported them straight on stage, where they gave a bow to the deafening applause.

The Cygnets rushed off, but the rest stayed for the applause, and went to their seats.

The main attraction started, where Orem put on a beautiful light show.

Once it was over, refreshments were provided, the stage was cleared, and the Cygnets were nowhere to be seen.

Sophie was just laughing and talking, when everything went black.

A light cut through the darkness, illuminating a group on the stage.

Everyone screamed and gasped, but Sophie's blood went cold.

One of the person's hoods had fell slightly, illuminating their periwinkle eyes.

Shit.

- End of Chapter -

I finally updated! My mental state has been crap so that's why I haven't been updating, even after I got back from the wedding so imma be taking updates slowly, maybe once or twice a week since my depression hasn't gotten that much better but whatever!