The Meeting

Luca was in Japan for a few weeks for undisclosed business and knew that Ike would be there too, so he messaged Ike saying that they should meet up in person. Agreeing, Ike arranged for them to meet at a building of his choice, and Luca agreed. 

After arriving to the location, Luca was able to immediately spot Ike.

"Ah! Hello there Luca," Ike greeted.

"IKEY!" Luca shouted.

"I have been waiting for you. I'm so glad we could meet again."

"IKEYYYY we haven't met up in so long, I've missed you!" Luca shouted, ecstatic to see his gen-mate again, and this time not behind a screen as usual.

"I can tell," Ike responded, keeping his expressions rather calm and collected.

"Hahaha, POG!" 

"You're still talking like that?" Ike suddenly asked with a hint of annoyance in his voice. 

"Eh? Talking like what?" Luca asked. The way he talked never bothered Ike before. And if it did, why did Ike wait so long, especially in person to express his disliking to his vocabulary. 

"That's not my point. You should really stop using that phrase. It's annoying." Ike said rolling his eyes.

"Oh." Luca felt a little discouraged. Usually Ike was very friendly. Even with the bluntness of Ike, he wanted to keep talking with him, especially since he could be of help for why he was in Japan in the first place. 

"And anyway, why are you wearing those clothes?" Ike asked, pointing to what Luca regularly wears, a white pinstripe suit, but with a tight black shirt that exposes some chest and no tie. 

"What do you mean? I'm always wearing this outfit?" Luca asked, confused. "Why do you sound so cold all of a sudden?"

"No reason," Ike responded, now trying to change the subject. "Anyway, why are you here?"

Thinking that Ike was referring to their meeting, Luca answered, "Because I wanted to see you."

"Well, I'm here now. And I don't think this place is safe anymore." Ike said, looking in all directions around him, but avoiding eye contact with Luca.

"Aw why?" Luca asks.

"Because of all these strange people around me. They seem pretty suspicious."

Luca looked around the room. The building had no people inside,  except for the two of them, standing in the center of the deserted area. "I don't see any people around."

Ike ignored him and kept talking. "There's definitely something wrong with them. Like they want to kill me or something."

"I wouldn't let them." Luca said, defensively.

"Really? Are you sure?" Ike asked in disbelief.

"Of course! But I don't see people around."

"So what are you doing here?" Ike asked again, trying to get an answer from Luca. 

However, Luca still didn't fully understand that Ike was referring to Japan. "Ikey, we already discussed this. I am here to see you."

"Well, that doesn't make any sense. Why come all the way here if you just want to see me?" Ike responded, knowing that he will not get an answer from Luca on why he is in Japan.

"To spend time with you. Why are you here Ikey?"

"Why do you keep calling me Ikey? That makes me feel uncomfortable." Ike said, and also avoided the question to why he was in Japan.

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable I will stop." Luca said in a serious tone. 

Ike paused for a moment, before speaking once more. "Well, I'd rather you didn't call me by my name at all. Just address me as 'Ikey'."

A smile reappeared onto Luca's face, and in a cheerful tone, responded with "Okay Ikey!"

"Good boy," Ike praised. "Anyway, how about you go somewhere else? We shouldn't be alone together." His tone was serious, ready to leave this conversation. 

Luca tilted his head to the side confused. "Why can't we be alone together? You agreed to meet up with me."

"I shouldn't have. This isn't a good idea," Ike confessed.

"Oh," Luca had a serious tone again. "So do you want me to leave then?"

Ike nodded. "Yes please."

"Well alright then," Luca responded. 

But as Luca was about to leave from the strange encounter with Ike, he dropped to the floor, losing feeling and consciousness in his body while Ike didn't take notice right away.