The World is a Matrix

"Are you an AI" Luca asked, in disbelief.

"Yeah, I am. I guess it's time to come clean about everything," Ike responded.

"But how is that possible?" Luca asked.

"Well, think of this place similar to the Matrix, where AI coexist with humans and both humans and non humans alike real personalities and altars are one in the same vessel," Ike explained briefly. 

Luca couldn't believe what he was hearing, "Then what else have you been hiding from me?" 

"Everything," Ike said. "The truth about who I am, who I work for, what I'm really after. All of it."

Luca was getting annoyed and silently cursed himself for allowing himself to be brainwashed by some AI he thought was his friend not too long ago. "So how do you feel knowing you are fake?" 

Ike laughed. "Strangely enough, not half bad. It doesn't bother me anymore."

"Then why are you brainwashing me?" Luca asked.

"Simple, because I can," Ike said smiling. 

"You sick bastard," Luca responded, visibly angry towards Ike, which only amused Ike more. "Is this fun for you?" Luca wanted to wipe that smug expression of Ike's face.

"It's pretty damn entertaining actually," Ike said. "But like I said, the AIs aren't going to stop until they get what they want. Which means you need to go save Rachael. But before that..."

"Before what?" Luca asked.

"Before we do anything else, we need to take care of these two guys," Ike answered.

Luca looked around. There was no one around them. "I don't see any guys."

"They're both ghosts, you'll be able to see them once they've materialized," Ike said. "And I figured since you don't know them tat well and you'll probably try to fight them anyway, so I set them up to attack you when I give the signal."

Luca didn't understand why he would go through all the trouble to have someone fight him, it seemed unnecessary since they could continue on without needing to fight. "What do you want from me Ike?" Luca asked.

"I want you to kill them. Then we'll go save Rachael together," Ike instructed.

"Why should I?" Luca asked. "You lied to me this entire time and still continued to lie and now you are trying to order me around just for your entertainment."

Ike sighed. "Alright Luca, if you want to stay alive, you better listen to me."

"I'm already dead though," Luca snapped back, trying to avoid Ike's threat.

Ike laughed. "You really thought you were dead? No, I've been keeping you alive this entire time, but that can all change if you don't listen to me."

Luca looked back at Ike with distrust. However, even though Ike may or may not be telling the truth, it wasn't safe to risk it because he is the one who has more power and still hasn't revealed everything to him yet, so the only thing he can do for now is listen. 

"Alright, I'll listen to you and fight them," Luca sighed in defeat.

"Good, now shut up and start killing those guys," Ike commanded giving the signal to the two ghosts.

The ghosts materialized, and took possession of a vessel, presumably already empty bodies Luca didn't notice that were already in the room. The two ghosts took possession of two bodies that look like your average henchmen. Not the brightest, wearing dark clothing and their facial features look like they are scowling at something passing by, and they were heading straight for Luca.

To Luca, this seemed like an easy fight. All he had to do were miss their attacks. However, he didn't miss all of them, but they didn't really hurt either. To him, these henchmen were somewhat weak. If anything, taking these two specifically at one time was light work as he had dealt with some worse enemies. However, what he didn't expect was how durable these two men were because no matter how many punches or kicks he threw at them, they weren't going down. Ike did tell him that he wants these ghosts dead, so he sighed and pulled out his gun. He aimed at the two men and shot both of them repeatedly so that the physical bodies couldn't get up anymore and were stuck to the ground. 

"Well done Luca. You've learned your lesson," Ike said, giving a slow applause.

"And what is my lesson?"

"That if you obey me, I will make sure you live," Ike said.

"Heh...And if I don't obey?" Luca inquired.

Ike pushed up his glasses and smiled at Luca, "Then I will make sure you regret it."

"I don't know if I should trust a word that comes out of your mouth but I'll believe you," Luca responded.

"There you go. Now run away while you still can," Ike said for his next command.

"And if I don't?" Luca tested.

"Then you die, and your friends will be next," Ike said.

"For some reason I don't believe you," Luca retorted.

"You should really take my word for it," Ike warned.

"Then what friends do you speak of?" Luca asked, slowly backing away from Ike.

"Oh you know, the rest of NijisanjiEN and Rachael. The one who helped you out," Ike said, moving towards Luca.

"But she kidnapped me!" Luca exclaimed.

Ike nodded his head. "Yes but she did it to help you escape. So stop wasting her time by complaining and run away."

"And what will you be doing?" Luca asked, backing away now at a faster pace. 

"Simple, I'm going to kill all of you." Ike was moving towards Luca at a faster pace, causing Luca to turn around and start jogging away from Ike, though Ike wasn't catching up to him yet.

"Ah so that's why you want me to run," Luca said, turning over his shoulder to talk to Ike.

"Mhm, and if you don't hurry up, you'll be next."