Getting to know more stuff about Ike?

Luca didn't know how to react. He never imagined Ike would be able to kill someone. In a video game, sure, but that's because that was the point of the game, and it was for fun because no one ever really died. But this time Ike wasn't playing a game, yet there is blood, real blood on his hands. Sure, killing was something unfortunately normal to life for some people. But a virtual novelist of all murders? You would think that the only killing they would be doing is killing off a character the reader enjoys, but that isn't the case for Ike. 

"Why did you kill your dad?" Luca asked hesitantly. He didn't know if he wanted to know the answer.

"He got in my way," Ike said getting straight to the point, not needing to elaborate right away because that was all the information needed to justify his actions. After all, the killing had been over with, why does it matter to relive past events that seemed to bear no guilt to the person who experienced it? 

"Was I also in your way?" Luca asked with curiosity.

"Yes. Yes, you were," Ike said indifferently. 

Luca didn't respond right away and just chuckled. In a conversation like this, how can Ike act like they are having a boring conversation in a topic that holds to interest to Ike. "Why did you kill him?"

Ike let out a sigh. He really didn't want to keep answering Luca's questions, but he was stuck in the room with him, and it would be rude to just get up and leave, especially when Luca couldn't do the same. "Well, he made things hard for me."

"Eh?" Luca responded in confusion.

"I wanted to be a writer, and he did everything he could to make sure I never became one," Ike explained. His tone indicated that he was still angry towards his father for trying to stop him from achieving his goal, even though he did become a writer eventually. "So I stopped him before he could continue to distract me from my work." He ended the explanation there as if it was something minor that had happened. 

"Then how did I get in your way?" Luca asked, still processing what he was hearing from Ike.

"By being alive," Ike said, once again getting straight to the point. "Because I have to write down every moment of my life, even if it kills me."

"And now that I'm dead, what will you do now?" Luca asked, now that Ike's life long journey has come to an end. 

Ike paused to think for a moment, "I don't know. I've had enough of writing."

"Do you regret your decisions?" Luca asked softly. 

Ike rested his hand on his chin. He had to think about that for a little bit. He didn't really feel anything from his actions. After all, it got him to do everything that he ever wanted. Being a novelist while being a successful vtuber where he can pretend to be something he isn't but still getting the success he craves. It gave him the advantage through everyone else's disadvantage. But still, it was a permanent disadvantage, an irreversible action. No matter how much his father had tortured him, it was all because he "cared", right? Like with every parent who pushes a career on their child, they just want them to succeed and be happy, right? But he was successful, and happy, which is what he wanted himself to think. Writing made him sick, and he was done with it even though he had to write to stay alive. But that was the whole purpose of doing what he did, to write nonstop even if it killed him. Yet, he was unhappy. Would he have gotten the same results if he had just talked to his father instead? Would he have been supported? And most importantly, would he be happy with how his life had ended up? 

Maybe his actions did hold consequences years later, mentally at least. "Maybe. Yeah, I guess I do," Ike admitted slowly and quietly. 

"Wow, I didn't expect you to feel bad that quickly," Luca admitted. "But what do you do now since you don't want to write anymore? It sounded like you wanted to make it your life's purpose, but is it?"

"I don't know," Ike replied. "I...guess I can't live with myself knowing that I killed my father."

"Do you feel bad for killing me though?" Luca asked. Though the feelings are different when it is a friend or a family member, Luca wondered if there was still a little bit of remorse for Ike's other actions. After all, for however long they have been together, Ike has shown no sympathy to Luca.

But instead of Ike going deep into thought to once again think about his actions, he just burst out into laughter as if Luca had just told him some funny joke. Once he calmed down, he answered Luca. "No, not really. Why should I feel bad about something I did when I'm already dead?"