Chapter 3

3 weeks until WNBA Debut

Practice is coming to an end and coach Dawn ask me and Jade to meet her at her office.

Me and Jade weather outside office door she walks past us and asked me to come in my a Jade look at each other confused.

I said down in the chair do I go across my desk.

She asked me bluntly is everything good us I know we said little things in college but can we be professional.

I look and her a laugh of course it's water under the bridge. 

OK coach dawn says as she lets out A sigh of relief. We both laugh she yells  from her desk to Jade to come in.

She looks at us with a serious expression on her face she says Are my SG pointing to me and you are my PG point to Jade . 

You two have to go out there and perform because as far as I'm concerned you guys are the face of this team and the franchise players.

There is no time you to developers players you guys have  to produce immediately.

Because all eyes on you to make this work improve that this expansion was needed.

We both nod our head in understanding.

Coach dawn says I need you guys to bond do shoot arounds earlier workouts whatever it takes for you guys to be on the same page and click because this whole team is dependent on the chemistry between you two.

We are nod our heads in silence again  she says that all girls you can leave my office now.

In the next following weeks me and Jade do  everything possible to build our chemistry shoot around early morning workouts.

And today the day has finally come it's the Rush first game of the season and our debuts.

Me and Jade ride together arriving at the area pulling into the the underground player parking lot listening to I Hate YoungBoy by NBA YoungBoy getting hyped we wave to security as we pull into the parking lot and and enter the building to get ready for the game.

We walk into The locker room see our jerseys hanging in our lockers were wearing all white jerseys.

( The Rushes Jersey are the same color and for the most part same designs as the warrior because there the WNBA  affiliate team of the warriors ).

Me and Jade talk she laced her Nike Kyrie 5
Spongebob Patrick and I lace up my Nike Kobe 5 Protro Bruce Lee Alternate.

We walked down to the trainers office is Jade gets her ankle Wrapped by the trainer The second trainer wraps on my left wrist and my pointer finger and thumb on my right hand. 

We walk to the court For warm ups  with the rest of the team.

As we're stretching and getting shots up begin to see the fans gather in the stands. Me and Jade look around and it finally hit us we about  to make our WNBA debut.

As tip off is about to begin there's a video playing on the Jumbotron of the Golden State Warriors team saying a few words and wishing us luck. 

As the game is about to begin we hear fan screaming and yelling turn around and say Golden State Warriors players Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Gary Payton, Juan Ronel Toscano-Anderson , and this light skin boy with a Dallas wings jersey on and glasses.

The announcer in the arena yells " look y'all we have the 2022 nba champion in the building and the crowd he rubs as the boys wave and take their seats .

We had a lot of encouraged gives us a peptalk then all the announcers introduce the players of the Golden State rush me and Jade are last to be an ounce as we run through I know I handshake and prepare for tip off

Apart according the rest of the ball in the air in the Dallas wings have first possession of the game.

As we reach have time we are down by 15 points in me and Jade didn't have the best starred in the first half We had three turnovers each  and no points which allowed the Dallas to go on a 12 to 2 run.

As me and Jade to the tunnels for have time to look at the score 55 - 40.

Coach talk to us in the locker room and told us that if you don't lock in we  gonna lose the first game of the season.

The 3 rd quarter starts and we lock in Jade  brings that ball about the court.

I wanna and immediately said the screen is Jada runs to the basket  I roll put for a wide open 3.

And Bang nothing but net  after that first bucket me and Jade couldn't miss We had fought our way back by the middle of the fourth quarter.

Here we are 2:15 left in the forth quarter my teammate sets the screen and I run to  the corner for a three.

As I release the three I'm fouled ouch ... I fall into the lap of the light skin boy with the Dallas wings jersey he catches me you ok he says I smile yeah I'm good thanks for catching me I laugh and get up heading to the free throw line.

I look up at the clock Amon prepared to shoot my free throw i green the free throw.

And the Dallas wings immediately called a time out.

To advance the ball.

We play on the rest of the positions until there's 10.2 on the clock.

The score is tied 86 - 86  The Dallas wings  point guard  rolls the ball to half court the picks it up to begin the position she pass the ball and I jump passing lane  and get the steal I look at the clock there 5.2 remains i'll run down the court with a Dallas player hot on my trail then out the corner of my eye I see Jade run to the corner 3 I through a behind the back no look pass to jade as long as the hands touch the ball she releases the shoot as the buzzers sounds.

She made the shoot the whole team rushes the floor and we jump  around a celebration we did it we 1-0 baby.