Chapter 9 Shaderoom

I'm looking at my phone on the plane ride at the post from the shade room about me and Melo.

People was in the comment calling me a treesh and pointing out the Hicky on my neck.

I was finna reply to the comments on the post when Jade stopped me.

The shade room really the feds at this point.

Like it starting to make me mad they act like men and women can't be  friends.

I say talking to Jade  on the plane back to California. Jade nods her head agreeing so you gonna tell me who gave you that hickey she says.

I say to Jade first of all you need to lower your voice second I'll tell you but you can't tell a soul.

Kyndal who imma tell Jade said Looking at me Jordan I say in a whisper.

Jade looks at me and laughs no you didn't.

Was it good?  Jade ask Bro I don't know I say what you mean you don't know Jade asks.

I was so drunk I barely remember leaving the club plus we didn't even talk after I literally went from his house to my place to shower then the plane.

And y'all haven't talked since Jade ask nah i said. Shit anyways enough about me what up with yo ankle.

Jade rolls her eyes and shakes her head they said once we get back to Cali there gonna run a Ct Scan and give me a time line.

Ok I say Jade ask do you thing you gonna get suspended for the fight.

For what I say she swung on me yeah yo ass should have duck Jade says.

Girl please you was on the floor crying don't start with me I say yeah cause that shit hurt Jade says.

We continue talking for about 20 more minutes before we fall asleep.

Fast forward plane lands in California

I get in my urus and take Jade home then I arrive home and go to sleep.

I get up early an go to the facility when I get there jade is getting her ct scan done.

As I'm getting dressed for practice coach call me into her office close the door behind you she says.

I seat down I got an email for the wnba commissioner today saying that your suspended for 5 games because of the fight coach dawn says.

For what she swung on me I'm the the One with stitches not her this some bullshit i says.

I know coach says there saying that you can't practice or travel with the team.

I shake my head we already ranked 4th in the conference.

So what are you gonna do about the rotations since I'm out and jade is down.

The only thing I can do is wait on Jade's ankle results and adjust the lineup from there coach says.

So how many games ol girl get suspended for None coach says I know you fucking lying I say I wish I was coach replies.

Alright I finna dip the I say leaving coach office on my way out the facility I talked to Jade and fill her in on what happened.

On my way leaving out the facility parking lot I got a phone call from my manager telling me to stop by her office.

So who I have exciting news my manager says, and Nike want to offer you a deal.

That's great news I say excited but there's a cage my manager says what's the catch I asked.

Nike only wants to offer you a sponsorship deal which basically means you wear their product and promote their products there to pay you 1.5 million.

But puma also wants to offer you a deal as well you would be making less money but you would have a bigger role in Puma organization then you would in the Nike organization.

If you sign it, you would have the opportunity to have custom Colorways and maybe even your own signature sneaker depending on how things go.

Puma is more of a brand out to prove themselves as they have signed young talent over recent years like Mikey Williams and LaMelo Ball.

Nike is a brand that has a proven success track record  but you would have a much less significant role.

Can I have a few days to think about it I asked my manager yeah sure she says but they want an answer by the end of the week.

After I leave my managers office I  run a few errands then head home.

I'm  at home on my couch chilling watching Netflix when I get an Instagram notification.

It's from Lamelo says wassup gang 🛸🕺💕 I heard you joining the Puma fam.

I respond back who said that? That's what the streets says he responds.

Nah the street telling lies I ain't signed nothing.

Bet oh how's your eye he says.

It's fine I got stitches oh I was gonna ask do you know a tattoo artist in Cali in trying to get tatted.

Yeah my boy roc do good work he did all my Tatts I'll send you his IG when you trying to get it done I got an appointment today I can see if he can squeeze you in.

Bet I said I'm trying to get tatted as soon as possible I'm bored.

Ok he responds send me that address to the tattoo shop.