Chapter 16 - Unknown Room

Minutes trickled back like sand on an hourglass, slowly she could visibly see her eyes starting to adjust to the darkness more, the room slowly becoming a much brighter shade, allowing her to see better in it. Though it was getting better, it wasn't quite useful yet, she could just barely make out the shapes of the walls in the distance, along with the jagged stalagmite and stalactite that decorated the ceiling and floor.

The room itself, aside from these stones, seemed to be completely empty of any additional furniture, or creatures. It wasn't even that large of a room.

Then suddenly, like a flip being played with, flickering on and off, she saw flashes of brightness followed by darkness. It was clear her eyes were trying to adjust to the darkness faster, her body was getting better at it, but they weren't quite there yet.

That was until the darkness of the room started to fade, and was replaced by a dimly lit view. It seemed all that was needed was time, because her eye was able to adapt, though, it still wasn't as clear as daylight, she could still see enough to look around. It wasn't natural-looking, it was like someone tinted the room with a layer of shadows, while holding up a tiny light.

Now that she could see, the only issue remaining, well, the main issue for the moment at least, was her leg. She wasn't sure if it had healed yet, or if she could move, she hadn't felt any pain since she took the stone out from it, so maybe it was already healed.

Deciding to test it out, she tried to move the leg slowly, 'Shit, this hurts more than i thought it would.' While she could move now, it was troublesome. While she could make small movements without much pain, trying to press on the leg would cause a lot of pain, and any sudden or stretched movement resulted in a sharp pain within her leg that felt like it was breaking again.

Her best guess was that while the outside was healed, the muscles that were inside still had some damage to them, and would take much longer to heal by themselves without blood.

She laid there for a moment, thinking about what she should do next. She knew she couldn't stay here forever, even if it was a comfortable place, and it wasn't, she had no idea how long she'd been down here, or how long it would take to get out. Her food supply was gone with the attack earlier, nor did she have any water to drink, eventually her body was going to start craving again, and she didn't want to lose control like last time.

Not to mention she had nothing to eat even if she lose control, who know what might happen then.

Clenching her teeth, she made a decision. She decided that she would put up with the pain and try to look around the room, since there were some parts she couldn't properly see from this angle with the darkness, she hoped that maybe she could find something useful in the corners, mushrooms especially.

Holding her body up against the wall for support, she walked around the edges of the room. Thanks to the room not being large, she didn't need to move around for a very long time, and she could always stop when the pain got unbearable.

As for the reason she called it a room and not a cave, well that was because of the walls. They weren't naturally formed, at least Shi didn't think so. They looked like they were carved out by people to be in a certain weird pattern, which in turn made it difficult for her to get a proper average of where each wall was, like an illusion, creating depths in the wall that could hide things.

Eventually, using her head she found an opening in the cave walls, meaning that, she literally fell headfirst into the opening as she was trying to move around the wall. Nonetheless, this was great for her, now she had somewhere to go.

So she quickly picked herself off the ground, ignoring the pain from falling on her wound, and the shame of doing something so foolish, even if no one saw it,