Chapter 25 - Fishing?

Jumping back into a standing position Shi's eyes glared at the surface of the water; awaiting the slightest movement from it to act. With a splash, water erupted out from the water, and out from it came a large fish.

The fish was roundish in shape with green scales that covered its entire body from its tail fin to its flat head except for the under area that was reddish in color. The fish was around the size of Shi's head which took her by surprise— causing her to stumble back.

What made Shi really surprised, however, was the head of the fish that she saw when it was falling back into the water. It had no eyes, only a large mouth filled with rows of teeth that looked like it could shred her.

Shi wasn't too worried about it shredding her though since it fell back into the water shortly after jumping out. "It seems it can't get out, is that a good thing or a bad thing? Definitely good."

Shi was happy that that ugly-looking fish couldn't get out of the water; she assumed it only jumped out because of all the movement she caused in the water from washing the bottle.

'It doesn't have eyes, at least i think so. Maybe it can't see?' A new thought along with an idea suddenly popped into her head now that she saw her first animal down here.

'This means that life can survive down here. That's both good and bad for me, which it ends up actually being i don't know yet.' She thought to herself as she tried not to worry too much about what other animals could be down in these caves.

She hummed to herself softly as another idea came to her mind after thinking about animals. One that might benefit her a lot more if she could get it to work right.

'What if i catch it for food. Fishes should have blood right? Yea, i remember reading that most animals have blood. Then i should be able to catch it and drain it of blood for food.'

As the thought of drinking fresh blood— even if it was fish blood— entered her mind, she couldn't help but lick her lips. Her tongue ran along her sharp fangs in the process.

She was starving, and her instincts were screaming at her to do it. But she also couldn't be a fool and give in to her emotions; acting recklessly would be a sure way to end up dying down here.

'It's blind, i might be able to use that to my advantage. But i just don't know enough about it to make such a big risk. Plus, how do i even capture it? I don't have any fishing or hunting gear, i don't even have anything to kill it with.'

Shi's inner monologue with herself carried on as she tried to work out whether or not she should take the risk of trying to capture this creature just for its blood. Her instincts on one side screamed yes, while her logic on the other told her how stupid she was.

And honestly, her instincts were winning.

"Well, i guess I'll go for it," she said to herself as she decided to go ahead and try to catch the fish.

'It shouldn't be too much of a risk since it doesn't seem like it can come out of the water. As long as i stay away from the water, i should be fine.' She stated to herself, trying to calm her nerves.

She was going to do it— so she didn't want to doubt herself now.

Shi turned around and looked back toward the wall of the cave where the vines that she used before came from. She needed something that she could use to catch the fish and pull it out of the water without having to get close to the water— the vine could do just that if she used it properly.

Walking over to the wall she looked for a good piece of the vine; unlike when she was making her container, this time she needed something that wasn't too thick so that the fish could bite into it, but it still needed to be strong enough that it wouldn't burst while she was using it.