Chapter 28 - Summon

It hadn't been long for Shi to wake back up once more. This occurrence has been happening so much lately that it was becoming a habit. She fell asleep suddenly and woke up suddenly; it would be no surprise if her internal sleeping clock got messed up over all of this.

She glanced around the tunnel as she adjusted her body to waking up, stretching as she stood. The place was still the same damaged tunnel she was in where she battled against the snake creature before; she couldn't tell how much time had passed because nothing had changed.

It didn't matter either since she wasn't in a rush to go anywhere.

As she was stretching her body— her eyes fell onto the back of her right hand where the tattoo was still imprinted. Moving her other hand over to it— she gently brushed her thumb along the marking to see how it felt.

"What is this?" She muttered to herself in interest and minor worry.

She didn't feel anything when her finger caressed it; it was as if the marking was directly made into her skin rather than something added onto it. It was abnormal to her— it wasn't like the marking she saw on the bandit.

"It feels weird, but at the same time, it feels natural." She spoke once more not bothering to hide her voice since she was sure she was alone.

The tattoo gave her an odd feeling inside. It was as if her mind was telling her what the tattoo could do, but at the same time, she wasn't sure if she understand what it was saying. It felt similar to her Pureblood Vampire abilities she awoke— instinctual— yet distant.

"It feels as if the information about the mark is engraved into my mind, just very foggy. Is this maybe what touching that book did? Is this why there is a dot tattoo on my forehead?" As she thought about the marking on her forehead, her hand moved unconsciously and caressed it.

"I've seen people use magic before in the village; the adventurers that came there to hunt in the forest had abilities that made them powerful enough to fight the monsters. I have never been able to use magic before; when i asked my mother she told me it was because i didn't know how to sense mana yet and that she would teach me when i get older."

Shi frowned at the thought since she was unable to learn about mana or magic because of the incident that happened. Yet another reason for her to be angry at the knights and yet another reason to find them.

"But this is different; it's not like the magic i saw them using. It feels different." She said once more as she closed her eyes in an attempt to hone into the feeling this tattoo was giving off.

'It feels deeper.' She thought as her mind sank into her own thoughts, diving into the foggy mist that covered her mind and made the ability seem unclear.

As she went deeper and deeper into her own thoughts the feeling only got stronger. She felt like she was swimming in very thick water that was trying to drown her— yet she didn't drown.

'What is that?' She exclaimed in her thoughts as her eyes shot up.

Information suddenly started flooding into her mind— broken and misplaced information— but information no less. It seemed fragmented, as if she hadn't completely pieced it together yet, while also some of the pieces seemed missing.

'Is this what the marking is? Imprints?' She thought as she tried to digest the information that came into her mind. It was so complex and messy that if it wasn't for her enhanced brain capabilities as a Vampire she wouldn't have even learned that much.

She couldn't focus on standing while also trying to digest so much information so she sat down on the ground and closed her mind.

She cleared her mind of all other thoughts aside from the information that was flooded into it; in an attempt to better comprehend it.