Chapter two

AN: I just want to say thank you for the support on chapter one and for this book! You guys are the bestest! I know books can be slow to get into and sometimes the first couple chapters aren't as amazing as the rest, especially when you're waiting for weekly uploads, so thank you thank you thank you!!! 
Say hello to two new characters!!!!

Also: I LOVE when fight scenes and such have such an upbeat tempo to them (like the song above), I think it's such a fun and brilliant soundtrack to have when it's going on. So although you don't seen much fighting here, please imagine it in all its glory <3 

 So although you don't seen much fighting here, please imagine it in all its glory <3 

Was this death? 

Ringing ears. A splitting pain in her head.

Bonnie could feel the ground beneath her—the same old flooring that she stood on every day. Her hands moved to her eyes, wiping them hesitantly, not knowing if they truly wanted her to see.

She was still behind the counter. She'd recognise the dirty grout from anywhere, but the place was no longer the pale white she had become accustomed to, and any comfort she'd felt quickly vanished.

Was this blood? She looked down at herself and a scream bubbled up in her throat. There wasn't a square inch of her that didn't have at least one scarlet splatter sticking to it. She wanted to throw up.

"Oh my god," she whispered. "Is this mine?"

She could remember stories of people's adrenaline and not knowing the extent of their injuries. Is that what was happening to her? Was she missing a finger? A leg?

A crash from behind cut off the thoughts that had begun to consume her.

Bonnie pulled her legs into her, briefly relieved that she did indeed have all her limbs, but wishing that she was half the size. If that thing was to peer over far enough, there was nothing she could do. She pressed herself into the cupboards harder. She could only hope.

As she listened, whispering requests to not die, new noises made that hope dwindle and she tried not to cry.

Someone else was here.

Had it brought friends? Was there a swarm of them only a few feet away, ready to tear her into enough pieces to share? She prayed that some poor, unexpected customer hadn't just walked straight into their death.

She strained her ears, barely able to keep her own breath steady enough to listen.

Grunts. Blows. And was that... a chuckle?

With wobbling arms and a curiosity that overpowered her, she rolled onto her knees and slowly stretched up to the height of the counter, her eyes trying to make themselves taller. If she could just get high enough to see what was going on—

Something flew past the top of her head, barely missing her. The room erupted into a pained noise that made the hairs on Bonnie's arms rise as she spun back down to her hiding spot. She cowered, bracing herself against the deafening cry, with her mouth agape at what was pinned to the wall.