Chapter nineteen

AN/: HI lovelies! Thank you so much for all the love, we're almost at 900 reads which is so exciting! I always feel like the 1K mark is such a milestone so I can't wait! 

Hope you all had a fab halloween, let me know your costumes in the comments, I always love hearing about them! The bf and I went to a party very last minute, but we managed to get costumes of Steve and Robin from Stranger Things when they worked in Scoops Ahoy, super fun night and v comfy costumes!! 

Hope you enjoy x

Something was humming in the back of Bonnie's head.

It lingered there, as though testing the strength of her mind, waiting to see if it would be let in or pushed away.

It was a strange sound. One unlike any she had heard before. It seeped into the cracks, awakening a picture that painted itself slowly. Meticulously.

She could feel the cold wind on her cheeks, the slightly damp air that sprinkled droplets onto her skin. It didn't feel clammy; it felt fresh. Awakening.

Her body was numb, or perhaps she did not have a body. She couldn't tell. But she longed to reach her fingers out and trail them along the surface. Of what, she didn't know.

A whisper like a piece of string, slipped past, dangling just out of reach.

There was no direction here. No way to know where it had gone or follow it—she could only wait to see if it would come again.

A tinkling sound like a bell, or a chime knocking in the wind echoed somewhere in the distance.

Everything was so bright. White wherever she looked, as though she was sitting in a cloud, but it did not feel soft.

It had no feeling, no way to identify where she was or what was happening.

The whisper flew by again, this time stronger. She followed the tail, trying to hold on to the thread before it disappeared.

A deep rumble beneath her feet.

A far of call of someone's voice that she didn't recognise.

Bonnie.

The thread twirled, pulling her with it as it dived, weaving intricate patterns that she could not see but felt.

A rush of wind. The fluttering of wings. They brushed against her as she pushed forward, clawing for knowledge.

The thread snapped, and whispers flooded the air.

Bonnie.

"Hello?" she called out, watching as a tiny speck of light drifted ahead of her. It floated away as she tried to look for who was saying her name.