Chapter four

AN:// HAPPY FRIDAY LOVELIES! I hope you're all having a fantastic week and looking forward to the weekend! Thank you so much for 200 reads on this book - you guys are honestly the best and I'm so happy you're liking it! 

All my love x 

E x 

As a child, Bonnie had never really believed in the whole 'higher power' or religion side of things. Growing up in a place that was so saturated in differing opinions on the matter meant that often it was easier to have no opinion at all, rather than try to navigate the murky waters of what people stood for. But she'd always been a fan of the mythical. That maybe there was more to life than the everyday existence of just surviving. Perhaps somewhere there were creatures who could change shapes, or babies with wings who caused people to fall in love. It made life seem a little more exciting, more enjoyable.

And she found comfort in that; if everyone was missing this secret part of the world, then maybe she wasn't truly alone in it.

That may be why, after making the startling revelation that the person in front of her wasn't human at all, she went with him to his home.

She had thought about it for a minute. After all, she wasn't completely naïve. But he'd made a good argument: did she want to know more or not?

Of course she did.

That, combined with the fact that he hadn't quite told her whether she could be attacked again, made the option of staying at home alone not so favourable. At least if she was around Gremory, he might protect her.

Right?

She didn't know what she'd imagine an angel to be, but a chatty guy who threw smiles at every person they walked past seemed like a good start. The walk wasn't that far—Gremory lived not even a half hour away, and the sun shone the entire time, letting it pass quickly. She struggled not to question him. Apparently, it was dangerous to speak about the topic out in the open, and after cheating death once today already, she wasn't going to take that chance. Funnily enough, although she had to refrain from questioning, he did not, and was taking great amusement in pestering her the whole way.

He'd started off trying to ask her about her family, but quickly realised that anything too personal was off the table. Bonnie wondered if, him being an angel and all, he already knew everything. A part of her kind of hoped he did.

"Well, here we are," Gremory proclaimed dramatically, his arms expanding with pride as he waved over the building that they'd had almost walked straight past. "Mi casa!"

Settled amongst scaffolded buildings, the older, intricate designs on the red bricks looked out of place. Yet it had been there much longer than anything else.