Chapter six

A/N: HI lovelies! Sorry for the chapter being a day late—I was in London with my boyfriend and his family who were over visiting! I hope you all had a fabulous week and I ope you enjoy the new chapter! 

"Can I see your ticket, please?"

Bonnie lifted her head from the table to look at the conductor who stood in the aisle expectantly, quickly running a hand through her hair and very well aware that she'd been almost sleeping against the window.  Her eye bags were as deep as Bonnie's and as she handed her the small slip of paper with their journey details on it, she offered a sympathetic smile.

"Long night?"

The girl took a breath and looked down the carriage towards the table where three men had been drunkenly singing football anthems, their voices bouncing through the almost empty train. "Last train always is."

It appeared neither of them wanted to be there.

The conductor gave her ticket back with a 'stay safe' and continued down the carriage, already berating the men who had opened more cans for their trip. Bonnie did not envy her. There was something about drunk people that hated workers just trying to do their job.

"Can I sit here?"

Gremory stood awkwardly over her, his arm across the back of her chair. He hadn't tried to talk to her since they'd started travelling; in fact, neither of the boys had. While he had stormed off and maintained a distance of separation the whole time, Kimaris had been silent, only talking to her when necessary. They'd strode through the streets of Glasgow to the train station without a word and when they'd stepped on the train, the two men went to opposite ends of the carriage. Bonnie hadn't attempted to pry. They'd kept her alive. She'd like to keep it that way.

"Sure," she replied meekly, straightening up. If only it was daytime, then she could have distracted herself. Unfortunately, the dim, far-off towns provided little entertainment while looking out into a black scenery of nothing. She'd hoped to at least see some stars, but when her reflection had stared back at her, she realised that the carriage lights would make it impossible.

"Thanks." Gremory slid down into the seat opposite, stretching his legs into the aisle. "The woman to the left of me was eating an egg sandwich, but I think Kimaris might have picked the worst seat of us all."

Following his gaze, Bonnie twisted around to spot the glowering figure sitting on his lonesome, but being shouted at by the drunk men who had noticed him and were ignoring the conductor trying to quiet them down. If his scowl got any deeper, his face may have cracked.

"He doesn't look too impressed," Bonnie giggled, watching as he ignored their calls. As if he heard the sound, his eyes snapped to her, and she quickly returned to her original sitting position, calming her racing heart down.