Ch. 19 - Think Outside the Box

"Uwah! Fried chicken is the best! "

Nozomi and Hawks just finished eating their late-night meals.

It's almost midnight and she can't believe she's actually going out with a guy alone late at night. And this is not your ordinary guy; this is the number three hero who has his own fanbase all over Japan. She was certainly worried that there would be some random juicy gossip the next morning.

How did they end up there?

Well, it all started back in the training room.

Hawks had asked her whether she was hungry or not. She is a bit hungry since she didn't have any time to eat before. She forgot to eat her lunch or dinner and she was starving for the whole day. She doesn't realize how her Stomach has been protesting her for hours and she completely ignores them away. This is maybe the reason why her uncle always pulled her to a restaurant. They both have really bad eating habits.

While she is not really in the mood for any culinary journey, before she could reject his offer, her stomach grumbled loudly, betraying her in the process.

This could be one of the many embarrassing moments she has ever encountered. She was so embarrassed when hawks laughed at her. She can't believe she did that in front of one of the heroes she respects.

From then on, Nozomi remind herself not to skip meals when she is outside for a job

They decided to go out for a quick meal.

and the nearest fast food restaurant happens to be a fried chicken restaurant.

"Ah! I'm so full! " Hawks yawned as he stretched his arm.

"Me too," Nozomi said quietly as she placed her hand on her stomach.

I shouldn't have eaten that much.

Hawks then stop in front of a vending machine, inserting some coins inside as he choose his drink. Nozomi decided to wait for him and sat down on the nearest bench while the hawk finished his business.

Nozomi's body shivered at the sudden gust of wind. Even though it's summer, the night breeze is still colder than midday. Nozomi wearing a thin white T-shirt didn't help her one bit.

Ugh, so cold. I should have brought my jacket.

Just before she could shiver to death, hawks put his jacket on her shoulders from behind. Nozomi finally stopped gritting her teeth as the sudden warmth overwhelmed her. She looked at her back only to be met with a pair of golden eyes staring right back at her.

"You want a drink?" The wing hero offered her a warm can of coffee. While it's already midnight and she surely doesn't want any additional dose of caffeine in her veins, Nozomi smiles back and receives his offer anyway.

"Thanks"

Hawks then took the empty seat next to Nozomi, drinking his own coffee as he chugged it down to their throats. There was a long silence between them. But Nozomi doesn't get bothered by it. It was a completely comfortable silence as they both stared at the night sky.

"The stars are so pretty tonight, don't ya think?" Hawks plays with his coffee can as his eyes are fixed on the sky. Nozomi turns her head to the voice owner. She tightens the jacket she received from Hawks, drinking her own drink as she turns her head back to the sky.

"It is, it's really hard to find any stars back in China," Nozomi replied.

"Well, now you are in Kyushu, you can look at them as much as you want!" Hawks smile, his voice becomes much softer than he usually is.