|Chapter 2|

I slammed my lockers door closed and then slammed my head on it. It's Monday and I'm back in school after a fun weekend of training with my brothers and parents.

"Hey Valerie." I turned my head to my left and saw my best friend, Blaze, standing there and looking at me with her usual smile on her face. I groaned in response and started walking towards our first class.

Blaze caught up with me and we walked together through the corridors as people looked at us. I'm the president of the school council this year so most of people know me. As we walked through the halls I greeted everyone along with Blaze.

We walked into our first class and took our seats in the back. The teacher soon walked in and started her lecture. I zoned out after she said we will do some mathematical equations today.

"Valerie White please come into the principal's office. I repeat, miss Valerie White please come to the main office."

The whole class turned and looked at me. I looked at Blaze and she gave me a confused look. I shrugged my shoulders. I picked my bag up and walked out after saying a quick 'see you later' to Blaze.

Why did the principal say Valerie White? Because if I go walking around known as Valerie Romano-Dobrov then people will put two and two together and realized that I'm connected to two mafia's.

So I have a fake last name.

I walked through the empty halls towards the principal's office. As I passed the classroom a few people waved at me and I waved back with a smile.

I knocked on the door of the office and heard a 'come in' from the inside. I opened the door and saw our principal sitting in his seat and a guy about my age sitting across him.

His legs were spread, he leaned his head in his right hand as he leaned that hand on the chair while his left one was on the arm rest on the opposite side.

Fucking man spread. I put on a polite smile and closed the door behind me. As the door closed the two looked at me. My breath got caught in my throat as the guy looked at me.

His grey eyes staring straight into my brown ones. We looked at each other for some time until the principal's voice didn't break our staring contest apart.

"Valerie, I'm glad you could make it. This is our new student, Atlas. Atlas this is Valerie our, this year's, president."

I looked at Atlas to see him staring at me with amusement in his eyes as his hand covered his mouth and hid his smirk. I smiled politely at him as I looked him over.

"Nice to meet you Atlas." I brought my hand out for him to shake. He looked straight into my eyes as he clasped his hand around my own. It sounds cliche but I felt hot all over from just a handshake with him.

"Nice to meet you too Valerie." I felt a shiver go down my spine as I heard his deep voice say my name.

Fuck...

"Why don't you two begin the tour and you can show him where all the classrooms are while you're at it?" The principal said in his chirpy tone.

I quickly nodded and waited for Atlas to get up so we could go. As he stood up I realized he could easily be 6.2.

I turned around and was about to grab the handle on the door so I could get out before I passed out from the heat in the room when a hand grabbed it before me. I felt Atlas's chest press into my back and his hot breath on my neck.

I quickly moved away and looked at him to see him look at me with a small smirk and amusement in his beautiful grey eyes- hold up...

He opened the door and waited for me to go first. I left that room as fast as possible but enough to still seems normal to the oblivious principal.

"What do you want to see first?" I asked him as we walked down the hallway.

I turned to look at him as he wasn't answering me only to find him already looking at me. I kept the eye contact we had until he spoke.

"What's your favorite place here?" I thought about it before I replied.

"Definitely the library. It's really quiet and has huge windows to look outside. It's beautiful during either morning or afternoon when classes end."

He nodded his head and motioned form me to lead the way. I showed him all around the school and where all of the classrooms are.

Turns out we have all the classes together. We are currently sitting in the library, in the part that is in the corner so we couldn't see anyone and no one could see us also.

It was peaceful talking to him. I asked him a few questions about where he moved from to New York as he asked me a few questions about what it's like living here. What I didn't expect is his next question.

"So, what's it like having Mafia King and Queen for parents?"

~~~~~~~~~~~
Ahem...
Hey guys!
How do you like Hija so far?
Any thoughts on Atlas?
Hope you all enjoyed.
Bye guys! ❤️❤️❤️❤️