Chapter 12

As we walked through the corridors of their huge mansion my eyes ranked over the pictures that decorated the walls. My eyes caught on a family portrait that hung near the front door.

I stopped in front of it and my eyes ranked over it. His mom sat in a throne, like a Queen of their mafia that she is. His dad stood behind her, both hands on her shoulders as he looked straight at a camera with a sly smirk on his face.

Atlas sat in his mother's lap, a small smile on his face as she had her one hand over his waist, keeping him in place. Her other hand was put up and on her husbands cheek as he was slightly bending towards her.

I felt a body press against mine. He rested his hands on my hips and I tore my gaze away from the portrait to look at him. I tilted my eyes up and our gaze's connected. ''You were such a cute kid.''

He groaned and glared at me. I laughed and moved away from his grip and down the hall again. ''Where's your basement?'' I looked over my shoulder at him. He ran a hand down his face and groaned.

''At the end of the hall, last door to the right. There's a code tho.'' He said as he caught up to me and we walked together towards the door.

As we approached the door he stood in front of me, facing the door, and blocking my view of the code.

I rolled my eyes and waited for him to unlock the doors. As a small buzzing sound was heard he opened the door and let me in first.

''Such a gentleman.'' I mumble as I walk in and wait for him to lead the way.

''Always.'' He put a hand on the small of my back and led me down the dark stairs.

When we made it to the bottom he hit a switch and lights illuminated a small hallway. On either side there were cells that held at least one person in them.

''Such a delightful smell.'' I covered my nose with my hand and looked around as we walked through the hall.

My eyes grazed over the people held in the cells. Each of them had a sign carved into their throat's, a fire symbol. ''You brand your victims?''

I looked up at him and raised a brow. He chuckled and shook his head. ''You don't?''

''Never saw any need for that.'' He hummed as we reached the last cell. He nodded to the guard that stood next to the cell and he opened the door.

When we stepped into the cell my eyes ranked over a man that hung by his hands from the ceiling.

His body was beat and bruised, he had open wounds across from his chest, and blood dripped down his body.

''Joe, introduce yourself to out lovely guest, will you?'' Atlas grinned at the man as he barely held his head up and looked at me.

He mumbled something and his head fell down as he probably had no energy in him.

''Poor thing. Why were you dumb enough to try and steal from a mafia?'' I tilted my head to the side and looked at him.

''I mean, I get that money is something that you can't say no to but..'' A sight escaped my lips as I moved my gaze back to Atlas.

He looked at the man with a dead face and slowly walked over to him. ''The lady asked you something.''

He hissed through gritted teeth as he grabbed the man's hair and lifted his head up.

He cried out and a tear escaped his eye. ''I'm sorry.'' He said as he looked at me. '''I just want to die. Please.'' Pathetic.

''In the end they all beg to be killed'' I scoffed. ''I had my fair share of people like you. You all think you're smart enough to get away with it, and when you get caught you beg to be let go and beg for your life. Isn't that right?''