1

A scream rang through his ears as he watched his brother fall into the ravine. Hands grabbed at him as he lurched forward, falling to his hands and knees. "Don't touch me!", He shouted, pushing the hands away. The body connected to the hands belonged to Hanguang-Jun, his brother's trusted friend. He knew the Lan disciple only wished to help but he needed to be alone. His chest felt like a boulder was smashed onto it and his throat felt like someone's fist was stuck in it.

Purple caught his eye and he glanced at his former adopted brother, Jiang Cheng of Yunmeng. A scowl grew on his lips. "You happy now?", He monotoned, glaring up at the Jiang Sect Leader. Said man only turned and walked away.

His shoulders shook as he let the sobs bubble out of his chest. His screams were drowned out as the masses cheered for the death of the Yiling Patriarch, the death of his dear brother.

Eventually, the only ones left were Lan Zhan and the twin of the Yiling Patriarch, Wei Lin. After what seemed like hours, he finally picked himself up and left. He didn't have a plan, only to get away from there. Only once he was a fair distance away did he collapse under a tree. The contents of his stomach were dumped into the grass before he passed out, his body numb of any emotions or pain.

When he woke, he was in a bed with a dark ceiling above him. He didn't move, just staring at the ceiling. He was still numb. Not a single emotion clouded his mind. The death of his brother played in his head over and over. A woman came over to him but he couldn't answer her. He learned that he was in a brothel in Yiling. Later, he was able to sit up and tell the woman his name. At first she was sceptical about letting him stay but after taking in his physique and temperament, she thought he could attract more customers. He was fit but still soft and lanky. He agreed, not having the energy to think things through or care. It's not like he had anywhere else to go.