7

Lan Wangji took the two back to Cloud Recesses, the residence of the Lan Sect, located in a remote mountain outside the city of Gusu. In such a tranquil place, one's heart would be like still water. Only the echoes of the bell tower could be heard vibrating through the air. However, the ambiance was suddenly shattered by wailing. Disciples training or doing bookwork couldn't help but look to the front gates, where the noise was coming from.

Wei Wuxian was crying in front of the entrance, clinging to his donkey. "You're the one who said Hanguan-Jun was your type! So why start crying about it when he brought you home?!", Lan JingYi scolded.

"There, there! Stop making a ruckus, noise is prohibited in the Cloud Recesses!", Lan JingYi spoke.

He was making noise precisely because he didn't want to go into the Cloud Recesses!

Wei Lin just sighed as he watched the ordeal. Turning to Lan Wangji, he asked, "Would it be ok to go down to the village? I want to get some things settled."

With Lan Wangji's permission, Wei Lin headed down the mountain.

Wei Lin knew he'd never be able to get to sleep in Cloud Recesses. It was too calm for someone who'd become accustomed to a...louder environment.

When Wei Lin got to the village, he didn't expect to find someone to..put him to sleep so soon. But just as things were getting heated, Wei Lin felt his newly found partner get pulled away.

He looked up to find Wen Ning pushing the guy away. His eyes were still white but he seemed to be calm, although a little agitated.
"Wen Ning?", Wei Lin called softly, not wanting to set him off.

Wen Ning looked back at Wei Lin and stared for a moment. His hand reached toward Wei Lin's face and stopped centimeters away from touching his cheek.

Wei Lin's breath hitched as his heart started racing and he involuntarily leaned into the touch. Before their skin could touch, Wen Ning spoke.  "Go..back..", he heard the corpse force out, his voice raspy and sounding like he had a cold.

Without another word, Wen Ning leaped away, leaving Wei Lin alone, his heart pounding in his chest.

Heading back to Cloud Recesses, he got directions from one of the disciples still awake and went to bed.

After a while, his brother visited and saw Wei Lin up and making something. Wei Wuxian stood and looked over his brother's shoulder to find him making tea.

"Wen Ning is in the village just outside Cloud Recesses. ", Wei Ziyou announced.  Wei Wuxian didn't look surprised, "I figured he'd stay close.", He gave his brother a teasing glance, "You two didn't..?"

Wei Lin flashed a small glare at him, speaking in a scolding tone "Of course not! He's not conscious so how could I do something like that to him? Besides, what fun would that be?"

Wei Wuxian shrugged and commented, "He'd probably have great stamina tho-OW!!"

After a while of staring at nothing, Wei WuXian turned around and went off the bed.

He lightly moved to the other chamber.

Lan WangJi lay sideways on the bed, appearing to be already asleep. Without making a sound, Wei WuXian approached him.

He was still not giving up, hoping to fish the jade token for passage out of him. However, as he just extended his hand, Lan WangJi's long lashes fluttered, and he opened his eyes.

Wei WuXian quickly made up his mind. He threw himself onto the bed.

He remembered that Lan WangJi hated physical contact with other people. In the past, just with one touch and the offender would have been hurled out. If, even like this, he endured it, then the person was definitely not Lan WangJi. He would even doubt that Lan WangJi's body was taken!