14

When cultivators from prominent clans went out on night-hunts, there were usually crowds of people who surrounded around them, appearing similar to a parade. Yet, Lan WangJi had always preferred being alone. This arm was quite strange, and could harm other people if it wasn't handled with caution.

Therefore, he didn't bring any other disciples of his sect, and took Wei Ziyou and Wei WuXian, watching the latter as close as he could.

Wei WuXian originally wanted to sneak away during their expedition off the mountain.

However, even though he attempted to run away multiple times, it always ended with Lan WangJi carrying him back with one hand holding the back of his collar or Wei Ziyou using one of his ribbons to catch his wrist and yank him back. He changed his strategy, sticking to Lan WangJi as hard as he could. At night, especially, he would persistently climb into Lan WangJi's bed, with the intention that Lan WangJi would become disgusted and use his sword to throw him away. Despite this, no matter how hard he messed around, Lan WangJi steadily stood his ground. Whenever Wei WuXian wriggled into his blankets, he would use a light slap to make Wei WuXian's body rigid and then stuff him into the other set of blankets in a proper position, where he would remain until daylight broke. Wei WuXian suffered a ton of loss and complaint about his sore body after he woke up. He couldn't help but thought, Now that he grew up, he also became less fun than before. In the past, he would become shy whenever he was teased, not to mention that he did it in quite an amusing way. But now, not only does he remain unmovable no matter what, he even learned how to counterattack. How can this be?!

Following the left hand's direction, the three went toward the northwest. They duetted Rest every single day, in order to temporarily calm its anger and killing intent. As they traveled near Qinghe, the posture that the arm maintained to show them the way suddenly changed. Its index finger curled back, and it formed a fist.

This meant that what the hand pointed at was just around the area.

They inquired into the matter as they traveled, and arrived at a small city in Qinghe. It was daytime. The streets were crowded with people hurrying to and fro. Wei WuXian was trotting behind Lan WangJi and Wei Ziyou when, suddenly, he was overwhelmed by the pungent fragrance of cosmetics.

As he became used to the mild scent of sandalwood on Lan WangJi, Wei WuXian instantly cringed at the odor. He blurted out, "What are you selling? How does it smell like this?"

The fragrance came from a charlatan, who wore the robes of a cultivator and had the word "deceiving" plastered all over his face. He carried a chest, selling a few items to passersby.

Seeing that someone asked, he beamed, "I sell everything! The rouge and powder here are both cheap and fine. Young Master, take a look?"

Wei WuXian, "Sure, I'll take a look."

The charlatan spoke, "For your wife?"

Wei WuXian gave him a grin, "For myself."

"..." The charlatan's smile froze, thinking to himself, Are you joking with me?

Before he lost his temper, another young man turned around and came over. He spoke with an emotionless face, "Do not bother others if you are not going to buy it."

Another person came over, speaking in a sing-song tone, "Xian, do you want me to tie you up again?!"

The person was very good-looking, although their gender confused the charlatan. They wore no makeup and yet seemed like a naturally beautiful woman. But their chest was flat and their hair was down. Their robes were colorful with yellows and blues and pinks. Like a butterfly. They wore no crest so they must be from a small cultivating clan.