19

However, having taken only one step back, his ankle twisted, and he seemed as if he almost collapsed on the ground. With a change in expression, Lan WangJi hurried over and tightly gripped his wrist like what he did last time, back in Dafan Mountain. After Wei WuXian had been steadied, Lan WangJi knelt down on one knee to examine his leg. Wei WuXian was rather shocked, "N-n-no, HanGuang-Jun. You don't have to do this."

Lan WangJi raised his head slightly, the pair of light-colored eyes boring into him, then looked down again and continued to roll up the leg of his trousers. Still under his grip, Wei WuXian could do nothing except to look up at the sky.

His entire leg was covered with the black bruise of the Curse Mark.

After staring at it for a while, Lan WangJi spoke in a bitter voice, "... I only left for a few hours."

Wei WuXian shrugged, "A few hours is a long time. Anything could have happened. There, there. Straighten up."

He backhandedly pulled Lan WangJi up, "It's only the average Curse Mark. We can just kill it when it comes to find me. HanGuang-Jun, you'll need to help me. If you don't, I won't be able to handle it. "

"Enough flirting, Xian. Have you caught the person? Is it him? Where is he now?", Wei Ziyou asked, waving his twin away.

Lan WangJi looked in the direction of a signboard that stood in front of a shop far down the street. Wei WuXian continued, "Let's deal with the stone castle issue first." He then walked toward the shop. He didn't notice before, but his leg felt a bit numb, probably from Zidian. It was a good thing that Jiang Cheng controlled Zidian's force so that he wasn't made into a scorched corpse that had been struck by lightning.

Lan WangJi stood behind him. He suddenly called out, "Wei Ying."

Wei WuXian's figure paused. A second later, he pretended as if he didn't hear the name, and
answered, "What?"

Lan WangJi, "This was transferred from Jin Ling's body, was it not."

It wasn't a question, but a statement.

Wei WuXian didn't say anything. Lan WangJi spoke again, "You met Jiang WanYin."

It wasn't hard to figure out due to the mark that Zidian left on top of the Curse Mark. Wei WuXian turned around, "As long as both of us are alive in this world, we'd meet for sure, sooner or later."

Lan WangJi, "Do not go..."

Wei WuXian, "If I don't go, how am I supposed to leave? Are you gonna carry me on your back or something?"

"..." Lan WangJi looked at him in silence. Wei WuXian's smile froze on his face, just as a foreboding feeling crossed his mind.

If it were the Lan Zhan from back then, he would definitely be shocked speechless by these words, and either leave with a cold face or completely ignore him. However, it'd be hard to say how the Lan Zhan now would respond. As he had expected, hearing these words, Lan WangJi walked in front of him, as if he really was going to bend down, kneel, and carry Wei WuXian on his back, despite his honorable status. Shock came upon Wei WuXian once more, "Stop, stop. I wasn't being serious. It's only numb because I got hit by Zidian a few times, not that it broke. It'd look bad for a full-grown man like me to be carried on somebody else's back."

Lan WangJi asked, "Would it look bad?" Wei WuXian replied, "Would it look good?"

After a moment of silence, Lan WangJi responded, "But you have also carried me on your back before."

Wei WuXian, "Did such a thing ever happen? Why don't I remember?"

Lan WangJi answered in an indifferent tone, "You never remember such things."