Still into you | Felix

"Y/n!" I could clearly hear my dad's voice even though he was downstairs and the door to my room was closed. I slowly opened my eyes. The clock on my wall said that it was 5:30. Standing up and going to school were the last two things I wanted to do now. But if I'm not going down to my dad, he would come here in a few minutes and pull me out of the bed. I sighed.

"I'm coming" I shouted back. Slowly walking down the stairs I could already smell the coffee. My father and I are the same in many ways, except for that. Ugh, I hate coffee so much. Instead of going to him, I went straight into the bathroom. I took my time while showering. Sadly standing here forever wasn't an option. I tried to dry my hair as much as possible with a towel. Looking in a mirror was as if I was looking at a picture of my mother sometimes. We had the same facial features, eye and hair colour. I hated it. My mother left us 9 years ago after she cheated on my dad. Since then I had never seen her again, that was okay though. I really love my father and he would do everything for me. My mother didn't deserve him and he was better off without her now.

"Bye dad" I closed the door behind me. It was already 7 am. Luckily the bus stop was just five minutes away from our home. I took a seat at a window and put my headphones in. Listening to music was my therapy. I watched as raindrops started falling against the window. I loved rainy days. The bus got fuller every time he stopped. More students entered. Most of them were happily chatting with their friends. I was a bit jealous of them. I only had one real friend in my life.

Felix was my best friend since I can think. We did everything together. We were in the same class, spent most of our time with each other and I even had a tiny crush on him. But five years ago his parents suddenly decided to move to Australia. It was the last time I saw him. We stayed in contact for the first year after he moved. With time Felix found new friends and I started to concentrate more on my studies. The last time we talked was three years ago. I still missed him a lot and at first I hoped that he would visit me or come back but I gave my hopes up when more and more time passed.

The bus stopped at my school and I left. The rain got heavier. The weather today matches my mood. My motivation to enter this building was non existing but I had no other choice. I arrived on time but when I came into the classroom everyone was already sitting at their seat and looking at the teacher. My seat was in the last row. I hurried and sat down.

"So, like I said, the new student is already waiting outside" huh? Which new student? I didn't see anyone outside when I entered the room. The teacher opened the door wide and a boy entered. He wasn't tall, but there were only a few centimetres of high differences between him and our teacher. His hair was dyed blond, and freckles were spread all over his face. He seemed quite familiar to me and- my thoughts got interrupted when he began to speak.

"Hey, my name is Felix. I hope we get along well" ...oh my god. He smiled at the class and the teacher ordered that he should sit down on a free seat. That wasn't possible, right? It must be a different Felix. Yeah definitely. Before he sat down a few rows in front of me our eyes met for a second. I didn't know how to react so I just looked away quickly. The teacher didn't spend any more time. I put my head on the table as soon as he started the lesson 

When lunchtime finally came I quickly packed all my things together and left the room. I didn't eat at the cafeteria usually. It's too full and I don't have many friends, I could sit with. The ones I had also had other friends, with whom they spent their breaks. Felix was already surrounded by all the girls. I'm not even sure if he recognised me. I hadn't changed much since we last saw each other. I used to have long hair and wore contacts instead of glasses, but everything was still the same.

I went to a bench outside of the school building. Luckily the rain had stopped by now. Most of the other students stayed inside since it was kinda cold. I sighed. What if Felix really didn't recognise me or even worse, what if he forgot about me? The rest of the brake went by quickly.

When I went back to the classroom I saw that all the girls were still gathered around Felix's seat. I felt a bit sorry for him and it was obvious that he felt quite uncomfortable. But being the kind-hearted and friendly person he is, he didn't say anything. I also felt a slight bit of jealousy coming up inside of me. I could easily walk up to Felix but something held me back. Maybe because I was too afraid of what he would say.

I slept during the last lesson. The teacher was at that point where he didn't even care anymore if half the class wasn't listening.

"Dismiss Class" the only two words that could wake me up at any time. My neck hurt from the position I was in for the last hour. I had to hurry to get my bus since our teacher extended the lesson by ten minutes. I ran out of the school building when I suddenly tripped over my untied shoe lash. I wanted to save at least my face from getting bruised with my hands but I never touched the ground. Instead, I felt a hand holding onto my waist.

"Careful" I got goosebumps from hearing this voice. I knew that when I would look up I would look into Felix's face, but I refused to do it. Not after all these years and not when he didn't even recognise me. He slowly took his hand away from my waist, after making sure that I found my balance again. Okay, that's it, he will go now. That was what I thought. I was surprised when he bent down instead of walking away. He bent down in front of me and tied my shoe lashes.

"I know what's going on in your mind. But don't you ever think that I could forget you, okay? Because that's impossible" Felix whispered in my ear after he stood up. His freckles were even more visible when he was this close to me. My heart stopped after his words and I blushed slightly.

He gave me a peck on my cheek. "Come I'll bring you home." He gave me the brightest smile I ever saw and took my hand.