I guess I'm in love | Hyunjin

Hyunjin's pov:
"You want to do what?" I looked at my friend in disbelief. While he was just smirking at me.

"It's a bet. I have to do it." He said innocently. I didn't believe him a single word though. Who would accept a bet that required them to ask the girl out, one of your friends had a crush on? I wasn't even sure if I would call the black-haired boy next to me a friend. Our fathers were the CEOs of two very well-known companies. And since he was the only other child my age in our neighbourhood, we grew up together.

"There are so many other girls at our school Kunwoo. Why do you need to confess to Y/n?" He looked at me as if I just asked the dumbest question he ever heard.

"Like it said. It is a bet."

"Oh, you know what, forget it Kunwoo." I knew that discussing with him was pointless. I shook my head and went to the room where I had my next class. Leaving Kunwoo behind alone in the hallway.

Y/n's pov:
"FELIX COME BACK!" I shouted after my best friend, who was running away from me with my phone in his hand.

"YOU'RE GONNA DIE SINGLE IF I WON'T HELP YOU CONFESS TO HIM" He shouted through the whole hallway. Thanks, Lix, just tell the whole school. I thought. He was heading to our next lesson.

"Why is he so fast?" I whined. Felix quickly disappeared from my sight. I followed him slowly and entered the room a few seconds after him. I swear this will be Felix's last day on Earth. He stood in front of Hyunjin. They were talking about something when my friend handed him my phone over. Hyunjin started laughing because of something Felix said. Wow, he was stunning. I could watch him forever. I slightly slapped my cheek as I realized where my thoughts had gone. Luckily the teacher appeared in the classroom and Felix walked back to the seat next to me. I glared at him as he handed me my phone.

"Hyunjin wanted to add his number but our teacher..." his voice grew quieter with every word. I shook my head trying to continue being mad at him. But who could be mad at Felix? Definitely not me. Our history teacher started talking and I tried to keep my attention on him. It didn't go pretty well though. My head turned almost automatically back to Hyunjin.

"Okay, that's everything for today. Dismiss class!" Finally. I left the room together with Felix. But I heard someone calling my name on the way to the cafeteria. I turned around and was surprised when I saw Kunwoo, one of the most popular students in our school. He was also one of Hyunjin's friends. The latter one stood next to him. His facial expression revealed that he would want to be everywhere but here.

"Hey Y/n, I just wanted to..." Actually, I didn't listen to him. My full attention was on the long-haired boy to his right. He was clenching his jaw and looked kinda mad, but why what- I felt Felix's elbow poking into my side. All three of them looked at me.

"Sorry, what did you say?" Kunwoo's smile got a bit stiff and forced.

"I asked if-" Before I could hear the end of his question someone dragged me away from him.

Hyunjin's pov:
It was obvious that Y/n wasn't listening to a single word my friend had just said. Instead, I felt her gaze on me. Her dark-brown eyes were staring into my soul. There was something about her that mesmerised me. And I definitely couldn't guarantee Kunwoo's well-being if he continued talking.

"Do you want to go out with me?" I clenched my jaw. But Y/n was completely zoned out and didn't hear what he had asked her.

"I asked if-" Okay, no. I couldn't just stand here and watch how someone like him used her for a bet. I took her wrist and dragged her away. Letting Kunwoo and her best friend behind. We ended up somewhere outside of the school.

I had no idea what I was even doing here or what I should say to her. Y/n looked around.

"Uhm, what are we doing here?" Her voice was calm and she looked as beautiful as always.

"Yeah, so I wanted to save you from Kunwoo" I looked down trying to avoid eye contact with her.

"Save me from your friend? Whoa, you're such a gentleman" she chuckled.

"So, what do you want to do now?"

>time skip 7 months later<
Cold snowflakes blew into my face as I left the house. It was the first snow of the year.

"Woah, it looks so beautiful." Y/n appeared beside me. We had been dating for six months now. I looked down at her.

"Yes, very beautiful." There was something I had wanted to tell her for a while but something always interrupted us. But I could feel that right now was the right moment.

"Y/n," I turned in her direction. "I like you, but wait before you say something I'm not finished. I swear whenever you walk into a room I have a reason to stay. Your smile makes my day better and I hope that I'll always be the one who brings it to your face. Oh... I think I don't like you. I guess I'm in love." Y/n blushed and smiled shyly.

"I think I love you too."