Always, I'll care | Lee Know

The warm sun shone into my apartment. I loved the view. It felt like I was in the clouds. Two years ago I moved into this apartment. It was the best decision I had ever made. Even though my parents would definitely disagree. It was the most heartbreaking thing for them when I told them that I was going to move out soon.

I stood there in front of the window lost in my thoughts for a few more minutes before going to the kitchen. I just woke up but already felt hungry. While going to the fridge I was humming a song that stuck in my head for two days now. I opened the door, the cold air blew into my face instantly. The fridge was almost empty To my surprise. The fact that I have to buy my own food didn't tick in my head. I still forget it sometimes Even after two years. I sighed. It seemed like I had to starve for a little longer. It was 8 am and most grocery stores were already open so I tied my hair to a ponytail and put on a sweater over my pajamas. I was definitely too lazy and hungry to change into something else. With a clicking sound, the door closed behind me. I slowly walked down the hallway still half asleep. I didn't feel like a real human Before my first coffee.

It was kind of cold outside, to my surprise. Luckily the grocery store wasn't far away. Something caught my attention. A white truck was standing in front of the tall building I lived in. It was filled with moving boxes. Maybe someone new will move into our house. I thought but got interrupted by my growling stomach. Yeah, right there was something I wanted to do. I quickly walked past the truck. The rest of the way was uninteresting and not even 15 minutes later I arrived at the grocery store. Since it had opened half an hour ago, I was almost the only customer. I bought pizza and ramen. Definitely, the best thing to eat for breakfast. As fast as I arrived at the store I also left again. Two plastic bags in my hands. Besides the food, I also bought some other things to fill my fridge.

The doors of the elevator were almost closed when I saw someone quickly walking towards me.

"Please wait for me!" A brown-haired man shouted. I quickly held my hand between the already closing doors, to open them again. He stopped beside me breathing heavily and placed two boxes on the floor of the elevator. Oh, so he must be the one moving here. We both pressed the button for the 15th floor and our fingers touched for a second. I quickly removed mine.

"Are you new here?" I was way too curious about this question to hold it back for any longer. He nodded and with his right hand he ran through his dark brown hair. We stood next to each other in awkward silence and waited to finally arrive at our floor. With a little *bing* the doors opened.

"Bye, see you around,'' the man said but started walking in the same direction as I did. Okay, god this was even more awkward. He stopped in front of the apartment next to mine.

"I'm Y/n by the way. Nice to meet you" I shouted before he could close the door. I saw that he was hesitant for a moment. I shrugged it off and went back to my home. If I won't eat something within the next five minutes I was going to starve.

In the end, I needed to wait 20 more minutes until the pizza was ready. I sat down on my couch and turned on the TV but I couldn't really concentrate because every once in a while I heard how my new neighbour had obvious problems with moving in. I sighed and stood up again.

"Okay let's act like I'm very social and offer him my help," I told myself. With a last look, I said goodbye to my pizza. I only managed to eat one slice of it. I closed the door behind me and carefully walked to the apartment where the noises came from. I wanted to knock but the door was already open. I put my head inside.

"Uhm excuse me!" He was surprised and looked up from the... table? Or whatever he was assembling there. "I-I wanted to offer you my... h-help" I tripped over my own words under his gaze. He was staring directly into my soul.

"You want to help me?" He asked and raised a brow. I nodded. "I don't think that that is necessary," the brown haired said coldly. Whoa, why was he so rude? His luck was that I'm stubborn and didn't care about what he said.

"I have Pizza. You Must be hungry. Wanna eat something?" He looked up from the... oh yeah now it really looked like a table. Before he could say something I began again. "I could also bring it to you" He actually thought about it for a moment. He finally sighed.

"Fine. But I'll eat here" I nodded and wanted to turn around. "Minho" I stopped. "My Name is Minho" The blood in my veins froze when I heard this name. "Are you okay?" I realised that I had completely stopped with everything. Even breathing.

"Uhm yeah, but you have the same name as a friend of mine." I flashed a smile and disappeared out of the apartment.

>time skip 9 years ago<
"Park Y/n, please follow me" I followed the old woman almost through the entire orphanage. We entered a room where a young couple sat. "Y/n, this will be your new parents." I stared at them in disbelief. Wait, was it that easy to get adopted? Tears started to come up in my eyes. Everyone always told me that no family would want to Adobe a fifteen-year-old child but it seems like they were wrong. The Young woman stood up and hugged me. She patted my back carefully. I didn't know how it felt to have a family but I had a feeling that they would do a great job.

"I don't want to break this emotional moment but you have to pack your things and say goodbye to your friends" Just now it hit me. I had to say goodbye to Minho. My best friend since I can think. We grew up together and I can't imagine living without him. I nodded and left the room. I found my friend sitting on his bed.

"Hey-" I said but my voice cracked. He looked up at me.

"Huh? Is everything okay Y/n?" I took a deep breath.

"I got adopted and they said I have to go now" I really tried to hold back my tears. Minho's eyes widened. He stood up and hugged me. Like my new mother did before. But with him, it felt different.

"That is amazing news. Don't worry we can still stay in contact and see each other, okay?" I sniffed and nodded. He tried to smile but I saw that it hurt him as much as me.

>flashback 7 years ago<
I ran into the living room. My mother arrived a few seconds ago and held the new post in her hands.

"Can I Look if there is a letter from him?" She nodded and gave everything to me. I quickly went back to my room and sat down at my desk. All the letters lay spread over my entire table. But the only thing I was searching for wasn't there. A letter from Minho. The last one arrived two months ago.

>end of flashback<
I could hold the tears back until I closed the door to my apartment behind me. I wasn't even sure why I was crying. I mean they had just the same name. My hands also started shaking and it got harder to breathe. Maybe I was not just crying. I felt how the panic attack came over me. I almost didn't hear the knock on my door. I tried to gather all my energy to stand up and open the door. Minho stood in front of me with a worried expression on his face and not even a second later I found myself in his embrace.

"Everything is okay. Listen to my voice and take a deep breath, yeah?" I nodded and breathed together with him to calm me down. We walked to the couch but it still took me some time until I could breathe normally again. "Y/n, I'm so sorry" I looked at him. And then I saw it. He was THE Minho. "I really wanted to send you more letters but someday I didn't get any answers from you anymore so I thought that you didn't want to be friends with me anymore. But some years ago I found out that all the letters I got from you were thrown away. Then I was searching for you everywhere but I couldn't find you. But today you stood there and I wasn't sure what I should say" he sighed. "I'm sorry" What do you do in situations like this? I didn't know so I just hugged him again. "It's okay, I'm here now."