Never forget you | Felix

Once I took my headphones off, I was surrounded by all the sounds of arriving trains and conversations. The noises were everywhere. It was almost a bit overwhelming. I already missed the noise-cancelling feature of my headphones. Unfortunately, I forgot to charge them, so there went my only hope of at least a little bit of peace and silence.

I looked around the platform, searching for a place where I could sit until my train arrived. I still had to wait for at least 15 minutes. It was hopeless. People were everywhere, there was no chance for me to get a free seat. So I became more comfortable with the idea to just stay here on my spot until the train arrived. I sighed and took my phone out of my pocket. The next ten minutes went by quickly as I was just scrolling through social media until a person next to me caught my attention.

His long blonde hair was tied back in a little ponytail. He wore a black hoodie and when I looked at his luggage, it seemed like he was also just travelling. The man's eyes were focused on the display of his phone. Something about him seemed familiar to me, still, I couldn't exactly point out what it was.

I only realised that I was staring at him when our eyes met. There were freckles everywhere on his face. A smirk formed on his lips but he didn't say anything. I glanced over at him a few more times, until the train finally arrived, trying to figure out where I knew him from.

Everyone seems to want to enter as quickly as possible. I didn't see the need to rush. The seats were already reserved anyway, so I let a bunch of people in before eventually entering myself. I was very pleased when I noticed that my seat was in a four-person compartment. No one else was sitting there so far, hopefully, this wouldn't change. I sat down and took out the book I was planning to read during the next four hours. I would've said that I came prepared but I already started missing my headphones.

A few minutes later another person sat down across from me. I had already started reading, so I didn't pay much attention to anything other than the page in front of me.

The time flew by quickly and before I even realised, I was already halfway through the book. There was no way though that I would be able to read another page. I felt my eyes getting heavier with every second. I put the book back into my bag and closed my eyes.

I always thought people were exaggerating when they said that you could feel when someone was looking at you. It was until now. I wasn't fully asleep yet when I felt a pair of eyes on me over and over again. I was debating with myself whether I should open my eyes or just keep them shut. My curiosity won in the end. I slowly opened my eyes, just to see the blond-haired man from before, sitting across from me.

He acted as if he was casually looking around the train when he noticed I caught him staring. I chuckled.

"Hey, I'm Y/n" I introduced myself to him. To be honest I have no idea where this boost of confidence came from. Usually, I was not the type to talk to strangers. I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear. Almost all the confidence disappeared though, after he didn't respond instantly.

"Oh hi, yes I know. I'm Felix. It's nice to see you again." Hearing his voice was the exact moment when it finally clicked in my head.

>flashback<
"Y/n, this is your last chance to confess to him. If you don't do it now you're going to regret it for the rest of your life." My friend was shaking me as if she wanted to get some common sense into me.

"But I'm still embarrassed," I whined. "He asked me for my name the last time we talked. For my name! We were in the same class for five years." It actually felt a bit humiliating. Imagine your crush, asking you for your name after being classmates for such a long time. "Also I'm moving away, so why should I even bother to tell him how I feel?" My best friend had gotten suspiciously silent.

"Because maybe he feels the same way." I almost had a heart attack when I heard the deep voice behind me.

>end of flashback<
Oh god, how did I manage to not recognise him? Except for his hair colour, there wasn't anything else that had changed about him. His deep voice still didn't fit his looks at all.

Back when we were in school we actually dated for about two months before I moved away. Since then we haven't talked. And it turned out that a part of me had missed him. We spent the next twenty minutes catching up on everything. It was really nice to see him again. When Felix suddenly jumped from his seat.

"Ahh, this is my stop. I have to go." He said quickly, as he left the train while waving at me. At first, I hadn't even acknowledged that the train was even holding. But here I was again, alone. I got even more frustrated when I realised that I forgot to ask for his phone number. I groaned.

"Why do things like this always happen to me?" The only thing I could do was look at the seat where Felix sat not even two minutes ago. Suddenly a small piece of paper caught my attention. I took it from the seat. There was a short note and a phone number written on it.

xxx-xxx-xxx
Don't forget me ;)

I chuckled. "Don't worry Felix, I will never forget you."