Library | I.N

I took an old-looking book out of the bookshelf in front of me and tried to make as little noise as possible while looking through it. I looked at it sceptically, considering whether I should take it with me or not. It was another romance book. My gaze went down into my arms where a stack of them was already placed. Visiting libraries was one of my favourite things to do during my free time but the silence was always driving me crazy. I'm glad that I finally found the time to come here again though. University was stressing me out lately and I'm happy when I can start reading more as soon as summer break starts. I eventually put the book back into the shelf.

The second I wanted to take a step back so I would have a better view of the shelf another Person suddenly walked behind me. I stumbled over my feet and landed on the ground. I looked up completely in shock. A blond-haired boy stood in front of me. He wore glasses and his dark eyes widened. He seemed equally shocked as me but quickly bent down to me and started collecting the books I was holding a few seconds ago. I was still not able to move and could only watch the blond-haired boy.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to walk into you" I mumbled. Why was I stuttering? He was very close to me right now. I had to say that he was quite handsome. His blond dyed hair hung into his face as he kneeled on the ground next to me.

"No problem, I also didn't watch where I was going" he chuckled. "Are you okay though? Did you get hurt? " He looked up from the books for a second and our eyes met. I completely forgot how to speak.

"Uhm yeah... I mean no no, I'm fine" He still looked a bit worried. Finally, I could move again and helped him quickly collect the rest of my books, which were spread over the floor. Instead of handing me the books over, he gave me a sceptical look.

"Are you gonna take all of these books in your arms or do you have a bag?" I shook my head.

"Nope, no bag. But I wanted to search for a table and look through some of them." he smiled at me.

"Okay, perfect. There is a free seat next to me." the boy stopped. "Of course only if you want to" I nodded in response and followed him.

We sat there for almost two hours without saying a word. I felt comfortable around him. After looking through the books, I took one of them and started reading, since I didn't want to leave yet. But it was eventually time for me to leave at 7 pm. "I have to go now" I smiled at him before saying goodbye to the blond-haired boy that was sitting beside me and left. Just when I arrived outside I realized that I had neither asked for his name nor his phone number. I facepalmed. How could someone possibly be that stupid? I sighed and went home.

>time skip three weeks later<
My final exams were in a month and I should really start studying for them. The last three weeks were hard. Our professors gave us many assignments, which took much of my time. But now that I stood here in the library, the guy from the last time came back into my mind. What if he was here today as well? I thought to myself. I purposefully went to the same table where we sat three weeks ago together when I entered the library. I hoped that I was able to see him again. However, I soon got lost in my books.

A tap on my shoulder brought me back. I looked up and there he was. Standing next to me, wearing a black hoodie and looking even more handsome than the first time, if that was possible. He cleared his throat.

"Hey, sorry for interrupting you, I just saw you sitting here and... Well, the last time I somehow forgot to ask you for your name." I smiled at him.

"No. That's no problem and my name is Y/n" He looked a little bit relieved.

"What a beautiful name. I'm Jeongin. It's so nice to meet you again. Uhm can I sit there?" He pointed to the seat next to me and I nodded excitingly and blushed slightly. From now on it was way more complicated to concentrate. Every once in a while my eyes shifted to Jeongin. Unlike me, it seemed like he had no problem with studying.

After an hour I gave up. Studying with him sitting next to me was impossible. I wished him a good evening and left. Again without asking for his number. Damn, maybe I should write it down, so I won't forget it next time. If there will be a next time. I hoped so. I planned to come here again tomorrow, also taking the risk that I won't be able to concentrate while studying.

The next day came quicker than I thought. I decided to wear a simple outfit. Since it was pretty warm outside I wore a black skirt and a white top combined with a cardigan and sneakers. I took my bag, filled with books, pens, and other stuff. I arrived at the same time as Jeonging. He was entering the Library not even two minutes after me. He waved at me happily.

"Hey!" I waved back. "The same table as always?" I chuckled and nodded. I was able to get some things in my head today. It was not much though and I always caught myself looking at Jeongin. Sadly he also noticed it the last time. Our eyes were locked. None of us dared to break eye contact.

"I have a question, I already wanted to ask you, the first time we met." I raised an eyebrow in surprise.

"Yes, of course, what is it?" I said without looking away.

"Do you want to go on a date with me?"