one.

·̩̩̥͙*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙*˚ the first encounter ·̩̩̥͙*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

  LILA WOULD NEVER SAY SHE HAD A PROBLEM WITH EDDIE MUNSON, BUT SHE WOULD BET ALL HER MONEY HE HAD A PROBLEM WITH HER

LILA WOULD NEVER SAY SHE HAD A PROBLEM WITH EDDIE MUNSON, BUT SHE WOULD BET ALL HER MONEY HE HAD A PROBLEM WITH HER. Eddie has been a senior for three years trying to graduate, and Lila thought it was ridiculous at this point. She watched as he started the Hellfire Club for playing Dungeons and Dragons, where he eventually tried to recruit her.

"Have you ever felt alone?" Eddie's voice whispered from behind her one day when she was looking into her locker last year. Despite his voice as a dead giveaway to who it was, she glanced to see his ring covered fingers holding her locker door.

Of course, she had, but she would never admit to it. She and Steve Harrington had a fling that year, where she eventually discovered the upside down and had to "save the world". After that, no one really talked to her. At least, not in the way that mattered. She saw dead bodies and here she was having to cope with it, all while dealing with the immense weight her parents put on her. Other than the occasional hanging out and small talk, there was nothing. Everything felt surface level.

"Do you?" Lila asked in return, shutting her locker door and turning to find Eddie's face in her own.

"Would it be terrible if I said I have?"

"I suppose not, but people like you are never alone. Don't you have the demons to keep you company?"

"You'd never believe in something like that."

"You're right, I wouldn't. However, I do know that being a senior for so long can get pretty lonely. Making friends just to watch them graduate while you do nothing but stay here."

"It's only one class holding me back, and at this point the teacher hates me. Is that really my fault?"

Lila shrugged while starting her walk through the halls, where Eddie followed her to her dismay. "Maybe it is, and I'm not joining your club. I already know where you're going with this, and I'm not some loner you need to take under your wing."

The girl stopped any more words that could come from his mouth by placing on her headphones and tuning him out to the sound of music in her ears.

When the end of the school year came around, he didn't graduate again. In the summer, Lila was recruited once more under the pressure of Steve Harrington and the convincing nature of Dustin Henderson. Russians had invaded Hawkins, along with a creature taking over Billy Hargrove ending in his death. Another death. Another body. A mall fire that they couldn't tell anyone the root cause of, and simply had to deal with the media aftermath again.

Her only worry now? Facing Eddie Munson as a senior.

A/N : First off, just want to thank everyone for the reads so far! I haven't posted on Wattpad in years, so this is a really nice moment for me. I'm hoping to have filler before getting into szn4 material, and I promise all the chapters won't be this short! I just wanted to get something out there so people can get a feel for the story! Again, thank you, and I hope you all enjoy this as much as I enjoy writing it!