thirteen.

·̩̩̥͙*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙*˚ the massacre at hawkins lab  ·̩̩̥͙*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

      LILA USED ALL HER STRENGTH TO KICK THE DEMOBATS FROM STEVE'S TORSO

      LILA USED ALL HER STRENGTH TO KICK THE DEMOBATS FROM STEVE'S TORSO. Nancy and Robin began hitting the one wrapped around his neck, and a few angry ones swooped down in attack only to be met with the paddle in Eddie's hand. Lila snatched the paddle from him hurriedly, rushing to snap it in half and hand it back, so she could be of more use to it.

Chaos continued to ensue with one of the demobats clinging to Nancy's back. Robin pulled at its tail screaming at it until it let free. Somehow Steve had even managed to break free as Eddie and Lila stabbed at the new ones flying in on them.

"Jesus Christ!" Eddie screamed the second the bats seized their attack.

"Are you okay?" Lila asked him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Jesus Christ, I don't wanna lose you, Lila. Stop being the hero and getting yourself in these situations."

"You didn't have to follow me!"

"Yes I did because I-"

"Because you what?"

"Let's just talk about this another time," Eddie avoided. "When we're not in a life or death situation." Lila and he stared at each other for just a moment, one where she looked at him in annoyance.

"Do you think these bats have rabies?" Robin asked, who was knelt over a dead bat. "It's just rabies is my number one greatest fear. And I think we should probably get you to a doctor soon because once the symptoms set in, it's too late. You're already dead."

"Why would you say that right now?" Lila asked in disbelief. Before Robin could make any justifications, the sound of more bats was heard closing the distance on them.

Robin made her way behind Steve and Nancy where both Eddie and Lila already stood. Lila watched as the bats crowded around the gate, guarding it against them exiting into their world.

"There's not that many," Steve whispered. "We can take 'em. Right?"

Another swarm of bats began flying over and Nancy said hurriedly, "The woods. Come on."

Lila ran after her into the woods which were occupied by dead trees. They kept running until they reached Skull Rock, where they all hunched underneath it. The bats could be heard screeching above them as they flew past. Eddie had placed a firm grip on Lila's arm until the screeching went into the distance.

"That was close," Robin sighed.

When they all stood, Steve fell against the rock. "I'm fine, I'm fine," he insisted.

"No, no. You're not. You're losing blood." Nancy rushed over to inspect his wound while lowering him down to the ground. "Come on, sit. All right?"

Steve removed his hand to show a bite mark that had already begun festering and turning an alarming shade of pink.