two.

·̩̩̥͙*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙*˚ a birthday  ·̩̩̥͙*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

    LILA HAD AN EARLY BIRTHDAY ON AUGUST 3RD, WHICH JUST SO HAPPENED TO BE THE CUT-OFF BETWEEN HER GRADUATING LAST YEAR AND NOW

    LILA HAD AN EARLY BIRTHDAY ON AUGUST 3RD, WHICH JUST SO HAPPENED TO BE THE CUT-OFF BETWEEN HER GRADUATING LAST YEAR AND NOW. Her mother squabbled for two weeks with the school board, claiming it was unfair to her daughter to "hold her behind", but ultimately she ended up giving in so her daughter wouldn't be sought on by the board due to their annoyance. The second she turned eighteen, she showed up at where Steve Harrington worked at Family Video and rented herself a movie she wanted to see for a while. She spent her whole afternoon inside until Steve showed up at her window with Dustin.

"What are you two doing here?" Lila asked as she opened up her window for the two boys to crawl inside her room.

"We're rescuing you from this boring birthday," Steve said as he glanced around to look at all the objects she stored.

"You remembered?"

"Of course, we did," Dustin chimed in. "I said we should make Steve watch Star Wars, otherwise we'll have to go see 'Ewoks: The Battle of Endor' with him asking annoying questions."

"And I said we could do that another day," Steve stared Dustin down. "I want to go bowling."

"Did anyone consider what I wanted?" Lila asked in annoyance.

"Which is exactly what I did. Steve just wants to try and find a girlfriend at the bowling alley," Dustin argued.

"Well, I want to go bowling, but not so Steve can try to find a girlfriend. Got it?" Steve met her eyes and nodded before she turned to Dustin. "And you can lay low on all the nerdy stuff. I just want to have a relaxing night without worrying about whether 'Dune' was a good adaptation or not." Dustin nodded, too.

Lila grinned before writing a quick note to her mother about where she went, leaving it on her pillow, before climbing out the window after the two boys who were waiting in Steve's car. Sometimes she could have sworn her neighbor was jealous because Steve was out there waiting for Lila quite often. This was ridiculous because Lila no longer had feelings for Harrington, especially after she saw the way he looked at Nancy Wheeler despite them being broken up.

"I call shotgun," Lila leaned into the window to look at Dustin. "It's my birthday, after all, and I hold seniority over you, Freshie."

"How long are you going to call me that?"

"Until you're a sophomore, now move." Dustin crawled over Steve's center console, and Steve's eyes widened as he looked ready to murder the now teenage boy. Lila got in and placed one of her legs up on the seat with her as she sat.

"Do you people have no respect for my car?" Steve asked appalled. Lila and Dustin glanced at each other before shrugging at the same time in response.

"Random question, but where's Robin?"