three.

·̩̩̥͙*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙*˚ romeo & juliet ·̩̩̥͙*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

   THE FIRST BOOK REQUIRED OF THE YEAR WAS ROMEO AND JULIET

   THE FIRST BOOK REQUIRED OF THE YEAR WAS ROMEO AND JULIET. Lila spent time annotating her copy before the year started, glad to have this out of the way before school overwhelmed her. Eddie Munson snuck into her house most days, as she explained things to him or simply gave him notes so he could be on his way. One day was different when Eddie invited her to his trailer.

Lila reluctantly agreed and knew which one he was due to his van being parked out front. Before her knuckles even met the door, Eddie opened up with an expectant attitude. "Can I come in?" Lila finally asked after he was blocking the door for thirty seconds. Eddie nodded as he motioned her in.

The trailer was modest and she could tell his room was furthest from the door, based on the posters that covered the walls. He led her back there where she got a closer look at his constant surroundings. A red and black spotted electric guitar was hung on the wall, shined to perfection. Everything else was generally scattered around as if he used this simply as a sleeping hub than an actual home.

"Where're your parents?"

"I live with my uncle, who's currently out of town."

"And do you play this for your band?" Lila pointed to the guitar.

"Of course, I do. It's the most precious thing in my life. Are you done questioning me now?"

"Maybe. Do you really have drugs in here?"

Eddie burst into small laughter, one that sounded more shocked at her forwardness than actually at finding her words funny. "Which answer would make you feel more comfortable being here?"

"Let's aim for honesty."

"Then yes, now can we get started?"

"Yeah, sorry," Lila sighed as she moved some things over on his bed to sit down. She pulled her copy of Romeo and Juliet out of her bag along with the set of questions the teacher gave out for the seminar taking place tomorrow. "Did you start any of this?" Eddie shook his head and the girl sighed. "Alright, then we got a lot of work to do."

"What's even the point of this book?" Eddie complained while falling to his bed with an air of disregard.

"First off, it's a play. Secondly, it's one of the most commonly referenced pieces of media."

"They both die at the end, who cares? If you ask me, Romeo was an idiot."

"The whole point is that they're star-crossed lovers. Despite loving each other, fate wouldn't allow them to be together. It's meant to be sad. Are you saying you could never love someone so much that you'd die for them?"

"No, I couldn't. I'm not some lovestruck hero, I'm me. Are you saying you would?"

"I don't know," Lila stopped a moment trying to collect her words. After all, she never wanted to come across as an idiot. "I like to think I would if I really loved someone. It'd be nice to love someone so much that you couldn't live without them."