seven.

·̩̩̥͙*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙ the hellfire club ·̩̩̥͙*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

      LILA AND EDDIE WERE A PARTICULARLY HAPPY COUPLE WHO SPENT A LOT OF THEIR TIME TOGETHER

LILA AND EDDIE WERE A PARTICULARLY HAPPY COUPLE WHO SPENT A LOT OF THEIR TIME TOGETHER. She was still hesitating to inform him about her decision to leave Hawkins, and asking him if he'd come with her. After all, he was finally going to graduate this year and they could leave together. The idea was easier said than done, but the real hard part was breaking it to Steve. She decided to hold that off until the last possible minute, so he wouldn't convince her to stay. Steve was persuasive like that.

Despite this weight on her chest she still looked forward to spring break. Eddie had decided to skip the pep rally that day, while Lila convinced Max to go with her. The pair had hardly talked as of late, yet despite this Lila treated Max like she would someone she spoke to every day. "So you're dating him?" Max questioned as they watched the cheerleaders perform.

"I suppose. We haven't really talked about it, but it feels like we are. How are you and Lucas?"

"Don't get me started. He just doesn't understand."

"Boys hardly ever do. You know I am here for you, Max. I see you walking into the counselors, and I just want you to know that you can come to me too. Besides, I'll understand better than she could."

Max turned to look at Lila, but before she could respond the crowd erupted in applause for the cheerleaders while the marching band began to play. "Let's go over there," Max pointed toward where Dustin and Mike stood.

"Alright," Lila agreed as they nudged their way through. Dustin and Mike were debating on who has the better girlfriend with one another, and both Lila and Max glanced at each other in annoyance.

The cheerleaders finished up as the announcer yelled, "And let's hear it for your tigers!" From behind the banner, the basketball team burst through with Jason leading the way. The same Jason who agitated Lila beyond comprehension because of his mildly wrong interpretations of everything they read in English class.

"Good morning, Hawkins High!" Jason screamed into the microphone, as the crowd cheered. "First off, I'd like to thank each and every one of you. Without your support, we wouldn't be here. Give yourselves a big hand."

The entire crowd obliged his request. Both Max and Lila clapped unanimated as Lila noticed Lucas wave to Max, and she simply glanced away.

"And of course, of course, I have to give a special shout-out to the best and the prettiest fans of all time, the Tiger Cheer Squad. Chrissy... Chrissy, I love you, babe."

"Barf," Lila whispered to Max as the two stifled back a laugh.

"You know, I think I can speak for all of us when I say it's been a tough year for Hawkins. So much loss. And sometimes I wonder, 'How much loss can one community take?' In dark days like this, we need something to believe in. So, last night, when we were down by ten points at half to Christian Academy, I looked at my team, and I said, 'Think of Jack. Think of Melissa. Think of Heather. Think of Billy. Think about our heroic police chief, Jim Hopper. Think about each and every one of our friends who perished in that fire. What did they die for? For us to lose to some... some crap school? No.'"