eleven.

·̩̩̥͙*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙*˚ the nina project ·̩̩̥͙*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

      THE SECOND LILA HEARD EDDIE'S VOICE OVER THE WALKIE, SHE WOKE UP

      THE SECOND LILA HEARD EDDIE'S VOICE OVER THE WALKIE, SHE WOKE UP. "Hey, Dustin, this is Eddie the Banished," Eddie spoke into the walkie.

"Eddie?" Lila asked back.

"Do you sound like Dustin?"

"I hope not."

"I don't mean to sound needy, but I'm gonna need a food delivery real soon. Unless, of course, you want me going out into the world."

Lila sighed, "No. I'm sorry, we had a hectic day yesterday. I'll tell you all about it later, just not now."

There was radio silence a moment before Eddie's voice came through again, "Are you okay?"

"Fine, just tired. We'll come by today."

"Great, so... I was wondering if you could pick me up a six-pack? I know what you're gonna say. 'Eddie, you know how stupid that is, I'm not gonna do that.' But a cold beer would really calm my jangled nerves." Eddie made fun of Lila's voice as he copied her, making it a slightly higher pitch than his own.

"Just for that, don't bet on it." Lila turned to find Max gone from where she slept on the couch along with Nancy missing. "Listen, I'll call you back, okay?"

"Lila, seriously-" Lila shut off the radio connection temporarily, knowing Eddie would bother her for a while before giving up.

Lila even noticed Dustin was gone, rushing up the stairs to find the three hunched over various drawings. "What's this?" Lila asked.

"It's what Max saw, hold on, I'm gonna wake the others," Nancy answered hurriedly as she went back down the stairs.

"Do you mind if I have some, Mrs. Wheeler?" Lila pointed toward the bacon.

"Go ahead," Mrs. Wheeler smiled. "I was just telling them how sweet it is you're all sticking together."

"Yes, very sweet." Lila grabbed some as Dustin went behind her to take more.

"Sorry, fuel for the road. Thanks, Mr. Wheeler," Dustin called out as he hurried away.

...

"So this is Victor Creel's house?" Lila asked Nancy as they walked up the steps. The place was rundown with vines crawling over it. The whole house felt ominous down to the fact the steps likely hadn't been walked on in years.