12

Their engagement were formally announced. Nagsisigawan ang mga tao ng 'kiss' after it was announced.

"Kailangan kita halikan."

"Hindi pwede." Bulong na sagot ni Bea kay Thirdy habang nakangiti.

"Paano na engage ang dalawang tao tapos walang kiss?"

"Sige, sa noo lang."

"If I may just remind you, ikaw ang lumapit sa akin couple days ago at humalik sa labi ko!"

Bea rolled her eyes and finally gave a yes.

Thirdy kissed her. His hands on her waist, gently resting. Hers on his cheeks.

When the kiss was over, "hold my hand," He ordered her.

Thirdy went to the garden where his father often stays for fresh air.

"Tumaas daw bp mo."

"Yan ba sabi ng Mama mo? Umalis na mga bisita nyo? Ang hilig mo gumawa ng desisyon ng hindi nagiisip. Hindi ka nakikipagusap sa ibang tao. You got engaged to a girl you've known for 3 days, don't expect me to be happy and hopeful or even approve."

"I'm not surprised. You can treat me any way you want but you can't do the same to Bea, mabuti syang babae."

And he left.

Julia and Sam went up to Bea para magpaalam na bago umuwi. Sam left to look for their driver which left Julia with Bea.

"Si Thirdy?"

"Anjan lang un."

"Anyway, just a piece of advise dahil hindi mo pa lubusan kilala si Thirdy. Don't let him break your heart."

Tumango lang si Bea habang tumatawa sa sinabi ni Julia sa kanya.

"Maybe we can have coffee sometime and tell me more about Thirdy tutal mas kilala mo sya sa akin, diba?"

"Yes, of course. Gusto ko yan. Congratulations again and goodnight."

When Julia left, Bea went to her Aunt and friends.

"Tara na po, wala na mga bisita."

"You can stay if you want, Bea." sabi ng Tita nya. "Alangan ka naman umalis agad."

"Sige po, maiwan muna ako dito."

When they left, Thirdy just gave her instructions.

"Si Mama Lars na maghahatid sayo pauwi mamaya."

Thirdy opened his door and his dog was barking.

"Di mo na kilala si Bea?" Tanong nya sa aso.

"Teka lang ha, eh hindi naman ako ang tinatahulan nya kundi ikaw, kasi kinulong mo sya."

Pinalabas nya ng kwarto nya ang aso and let him roma around.

"Bakit Sirius and napili mo ipangalan sa kanya." Bea asked him.

"Halika may papakita ako sayo." Thirdy led her to where his Gskyer telescope is.

"Ano ito?" Bea asked him when she saw the telescope.

"I chose Sirius kasi sa langit sya ang brightest star and it's known as the "Dog star."

And Thirdy continued by telling her more about the stars.

"Gusto mo silipin ng malapitan?" Thirdy asked.

"Sige."

Thirdy took off his coat, nilagay sa balikat ni Bea.

"Wow ang ganda, looks breathtaking." She said being amazed at what she is seeing. She looked at him nung maramdaman nya ang coat ni Thirdy sa balikat nya.

"Mga ilang star kaya meron sa langit?" Tanong ni Bea.

"Ahhh diko alam, baka mga 10 sextillion."

"Sextillion?" Bea asked looking at Thirdy, trying to figure out if he was joking.

"Haven't you heard that before?"

Bea shooked her head.

"Quadrillion, quintillion, sextillion."

"Paano mo nalaman yan? All the more that I'm convinced na robot ka nga." Bea teased.

"Naniniwala ka ba na robot ako?"

"Wala lang ako alam tungkol sa'yo."

"Ano ba gusto mo malaman?"

"Halimbawa, bakit dito ka pa din sa lupa ng parents mo nakatira. I mean, pwede naman sa iba."

"I'm easily irritated and besides, si Mama, she never leaves the house, can't, sa garden lang sya parati."

Bea was surprised.

"Bakit? Well, unless it's something personal."

Thirdy looked at her blankly. Bea knew.

"Well, I think I should go now. Goodnight, Thirdy."

"Goodnight, Bea."

She removes the coat and gives it back to Thirdy, walked away from him and unhooks the necklace, left it on the table. Thirdy continues to stare at the stars.

In the morning, Bea was waiting for Thirdy to come and pick her up but never came. She decided to go to him instead but was welcomed by Mama Lars who told her that Thirdy has already left. When was about to leave, she noticed the boxes outside Thirdy's house.

"Mama Lars, dadalhin po pala ito sa office."

"Ah sige, ako na bahala dyan, ihahatid ko sa sasakyan mo."

"Kaya ko naman po."

While Bea and Mama Lars were busy loading the boxes into the car,  Julia arrived. She knows her way to the mansion very well. She went straight to the garden kung saan nagbbreakfast ang magasawa. She was immediately welcomed.

"What a wonderful, surprise, Julia!" Mozzy greeted her.

"Good morning po, Tita. Good morning, Tito."

"Good morning, Julia. Iiwan ko na muna kayo." Sambit ni Bong.

"Hay Julia, we were waiting for that day to come na tatawagin mo na din kaming Mama at Papa."

"Alam nyo naman po, Tita, kung bakit kami naghiwalay ni Thirdy."

"Alam ko naman na matagal ka na naghihintay na magpropose si Thirdy sayo."

"Hindi sya nagpropose sa akin because he doesn't love me enough. Look, ngayon, he is engaged to Bea, a woman he has met, what, 2 days?"

"Alam mo kasi si Bea, she is very stubborn. She always wants it her own way."

"She said she will be moving in with him."

"Move in? Hahaha with Thirdy? No, of course that's not true. Walang usapan na ganyan. I would know if may plans na ganyan." Mozzy defended her son.

Then came Mama Lars and Bea with the boxes they were supposed to bring out. Nagulat si Mozzy and Julia sa nakita.

"Bea, why don't you join us for a while? Pinaguusapan ka namin eh, about your decision." Aya ni Julia sa kanya.

Binaba lang basta ni Bea ang mga box and went near them, poured herself some water.

"What decision are you talking about?" She asked Julia after gulping a glass of water.

"Tungkol moving in with Thirdy?"

"Ah oo, sabi nga nya sa akin ako na mag asikaso." She said with a fake laugh.

"Teka, why didn't he advise me about this?" Mozzy asked Bea.

"Ay sya na lang po tanong nyo. Alis na po ako. See you around, Julia." She cheerfully said.

----------------------

Happy Birthday