part 7

As B walked his way into the kitchen. He saw his mom carrying a big pot of green. He came up behind her and took the pot out of her hand and placed it on the stove.

He could hear gaps from his mother's mouth. He turned around to see tears falling down her face. Felt his heart sink deep into his chest. He brought his mother into his chest as she cried quietly.

"I'm sorry mama, I should've never been gone that long. I should have never left you," he tells her, gripping her tighter. He felt like an asshole for leaving like that. He unwrapped his arms from her.

His mother was lost for words. She did know what to say. He led his mother to the table so they could have a talk.

—---

"Yo, dats yo brother whip?" Zaytrel friend Casy said pointing to the black truck. Zaytrel nodded his head.

"Yep, dats my big brother's truck. It's nice," he replied back.

Both of the 7-year-old boys looked at each other and then back at the car. It's like they were thinking the same thing.

" I call shotgun," Casy replied back, running up to the car. Rade looked to see the two boys running up to the car.

"Aye get the fuck back here!" he hollered. but the boys didn't listen. Casy felt the win smack his face as he beat his friend to the car. He quickly opened the door but let out a bloody scream, getting caught off guard by Kira. When Kira saw the boy she let out a scream too.

The boy fell out of the car and ran away. The screams caught B's people's attention including B.

"Somebody's in the car, somebody's in the car," Casy says running over to Zay, tagging him down to the floor.

B stood up from his seat and made his way outside, seeing what the commotion was about.

"What the hell is going on?" he says making his way down the stairs.

"There's a girl in your car, there's a girl in your car." Zay and Casy said, running up to B, B just rolled his eyes.

"You got a girl inside the car?" his mother asked. B shook his head.

"Yes he does, he does, she's in the car. Mommy can she please come in," Zaytrel whined, pulling on his brother's leg. It was getting late outside anyway and half the family was leaving.

Fuck,fuck,fuck,

"Nah, she can't come in, maybe next time." b said to his brother and his friend. He turned his attention to his mother. "Ma, I gotta go but I'll call you later."

"You know, you don't have to leave. It's alright she can come in. we don't bite." B's mother said.

B rubbed the back of his neck. He honestly didn't want his mother to see Kira. But he couldn't stand to make her feel bad.

"Okay, I'ma go get her, yall go inside the house,"

B walked over to the car feeling his heart begin to race. Not that he was scared or anything. He didn't Kira around his family. Kiras people have already taken so much from him and his loved ones. He opened the front door to see Kira dozing off to sleep. He reached over and tapped her on her shoulder.

"Aye, get up. My mom wants to meet you," he said. Kira turned her attention to him. She unbuckled her seatbelt and was getting ready to hop out of the car but B stopped her.

"Don't fuck this shit up. You understand me or ima break yo fucking face when we get back to the crib. You feel me, Just play the fuck alone okay." B threatened her. She stared deep into his eyes seeing them darkened. She quickly nodded her head not wanting him to hurt her.

"Come here," he gritted through his teeth. She flinched at the tone he was using but quickly moved over towards him. He roughly grabbed her face and roughly kissed her lips. He pulled back from the kiss and pulled her out of the car. They both walked inside B's mother's house. When Kira step foot into the house. The smell of soul food hit her like a baseball bat. Her mouth began to water.

"You hungry bae?" B asked. Kira looked up at him and nodded her head. Feeling weird that he called her bae. She guess that was what they were going by. He walked her to the kitchen table and sat her down and he sat next to her.

B's mom walked up to Kira, giving her a hug. She was so happy to see her son finally settling down.

"Nice to meet you, ma'am, my name is Kira, it's a pleaser to meet you," Kira says, returning the hug that was given to her. Kira was in need of another woman's hug anyway. It made her feel safer. Both women pulled back from each other.

"Come help me in the kitchen with plates sweetie,"

Kira gave B a looked and he waved her off. She quickly got up from her seat and made her way into the kitchen helping out with the plates. B watched as the two women bonded and shared beautiful moments.

He didn't know what to feel at this moment. B saw that his mother really liked Kira. And that was a problem for him. Both women came back to the table with plates in their hands.

Kira sat a plate down in front of B and his little brother Zaytrel. Both women sat at the table as B said the payer. Once the prayer was over, they all started to eat.

B placed his hand on Kira's thigh and slowly rubbed it up and down. She looked up at him with a smile on her face. She noticed he only did that when he was in a good mood. Kira swallowed her food and leaned in, placing a small kiss on the left side of his lips.

He slowly looked over at her, staring deep into her eyes. And kissed her back.