xxiii. Buckbeak

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Diana woke up later than usual.

Her roommates' beds were empty, neatly tidied up except for Pansy's. She never did like making her bed. It was a pleasant sight to wake up to honestly, however, the reason behind it was not pleasant.

During dinner last night, she was called in the Hospital Wing with Potter after Lupin owled them about their encounter with the dementors. Diana was in no mood to entertain Harry and stayed silent as Madam Pomfrey fussed over them, more so with her. It was easy to do so when her body felt incredibly heavy and stiff, making her remember when she first entered Hogwarts. She stayed longer, hence the late morning.

Too bad she wasn't there for Dumbledore's cheesy speech about light and dark. Blaise and Theo would've enjoyed the faces she'd make to emphasize how cringey it was while Draco bullied Potter like the menace he was.

She moved quickly, showering, doing a shorter version of her skincare and make-up, and grabbing a headband and her favorite silver cross earrings to put on the go. The common room was bustling with students when she went down the stairs. She paid them no mind and continued walking out. It was for the best though. If she did, she would notice the stares they were giving her. The princess was slowly growing into her body after all, and both females and males would eventually start to notice.

She couldn't remember the journey from the dungeons to the Great Hall. It was as if she was on auto-pilot. Only then did she start to fully be aware of her surroundings when three Gryffindors were walking toward her.

"So I was sitting there, a plate filled with chicken legs in front of me, and--"

"Oh, hello."

Three pairs of eyes fell upon Diana. Her purple eyes were still hazy with sleep but everything else from her make-up and uniform suggested otherwise. The power of utilizing accessories was strong.

"Good morning," Harry was the first one to greet her. His dimples were prominent from the smile he had on.

His two friends eventually exchange their own form of greeting, just not as warm as Harry's.

"You're alone?" Ron asked, eyes glancing around to look for her entourage.

Obviously. Diana nodded, "It appears so."

Silence befell the unlikely group. Over the years, their perception of Diana Romanov has changed. No longer was she the hero that saved Hermione Granger in that bathroom 2 years ago. Now, she was Diana, the Slytherin, and friend of the despicable Draco Malfoy.

Ron cleared his throat. "Let's go, I'm famished."

Hermione rolled her eyes before grabbing his arm and leading him away from the robe of green and silver. "Come on, let's get you fed. Harry are you—"