iii. slytherins

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

The next morning, she was greeted with the whole Slytherin group waiting for her in the common room. At first, she didn't realize they were waiting for her and continued to leave to get to the Great Hall to eat breakfast. It wasn't until they surrounded her and walked with her, Draco Malfoy coincidentally ended up walking beside her did she realize their intentions.

She was quite confused about his behavior, seeing as he did glare at her last night during the Welcoming Feast and now he was acting all chummy and close to her. However, she didn't show it and continued on strutting across the hallways, her chin held up high and back straight. She greeted whoever made eye contact with her with a gentle smile, her amusement spiking with the array of different reactions they replied with.

"I hope we all have the same classes, wouldn't you agree, Princess?" Pansy asked from her left as they grew closer to the big doors of the Great Hall.

"It would be nice to see familiar faces, yes," she hummed in reply.

The young girl sat down on a seat and immediately, the others followed. Diana watched her pack of puppies who were eager to be close to her with an amused smile. They reminded her of her baby cousin who favored her amongst everybody else in her family. He would follow her around their house whenever his family visited and hung unto whatever piece of her clothing he could get on. The smile she had on turned into a sad one. She'll never be able to go back to her old life and the thought made her melancholic.

"Your schedules," a monotone voice drawled from behind her. She looked up to see Professor Severus Snape, the Head of the Slytherin House.

A piece of parchment was placed before her, beside her still empty plate. With a tap of her professor's wand, words started to appear on the once blank paper.

"Do avoid being late to your classes," he said before he turned away from us, his robe swishing almost violently in the air.

"Oh!" Daphne exclaimed in front of her after peering over to look at Diana's schedule. "It seems every class you have will have at least one of us with you, Princess."

She smiled in delight, "That's reassuring and please do drop the honorifics. Inside these walls, I'm a student and I'd appreciate it if you all would call me Diana."

The weight of her words didn't go unnoticed. To be able to call someone of royalty by their first names was a blessing and privilege only given to those they considered as close friends. Nicknames, on the other hand, were only exclusive to family members and lovers.

"H-how could we do that, your highness," Pansy nervously squeaked out.

Diana simply gave her signature smile at the blushing girl, "I insist."

The action seemed to cause her blush to deepen.

This did not go unnoticed by Diana but decided to not comment on it. She sipped on her coffee and continued to eat her breakfast.

* * *

Draco couldn't help but find the situation entertaining. His godfather was making a fool out of Harry Potter, serving him right after denying his invitation to be friends with him.

"Let's try again. Potter, where would you look if I told you to find me a bezoar?" Professor Snape's ever-lovely voice drew out.

From beside the popular celebrity, Hermione raised her hand eagerly waiting to showcase her intelligent brain, making Draco scoff. Behind him, sat Diana with Blaise by her side earnestly writing notes.