vii. cake

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Christmas break had ended and she was back at Hogwarts before she knew it. She had a wonderful time with her family and only wished she could've stayed longer. However, she'd be lying if she said she didn't miss her school. Diana found herself slowly growing fond of the place and it was starting to feel a little bit like home.

Daphne was the first one to greet her when she boarded the train.

"I missed you too," she said cheerfully as she hugged her best friend tightly. The two spent their breaks writing to each other and have grown closer than ever.

"Now," she pulled away from their embrace and looked into her eyes seriously, her purple eyes gleaming with mischief. "Tell me all about this boy you were talking about."

Daphne giggled, a blush starting to form in her cheeks. "Well, he sent me a letter last night, telling me how he wished to see me again and that he was seriously considering moving schools."

During their Christmas celebration, the Greengrass' invited a lot of pureblood families to their manor and it just so happened a beauxbatons student was amongst them. They instantly clicked and spent the whole night dancing and chatting with each other.

"He's so handsome and charming," she sighed out just as Diana opened their compartment door revealing Draco, Theo, and Blaise already sitting inside.

"Daphne I don't think Diana will appreciate you endlessly talking about me," Theo remarked as he nonchalantly laid on his seat.

A smack filled the compartment door—courtesy of Daphne's purse and Theo's dunderhead. A snort left the princess' lips and proceeded to take a seat beside Draco by the window.

"Where are the others?" Diana asked as she pulled out a spellbook from her own bag.

Theo winced from the impact of the wrath of Daphne and rubbed the sore spot on his head. "Probably around here somewhere."

The boy beside her glanced at what she was reading and snorted, "do you ever stop reading Romanov?"

"Do you ever stop being an annoying twat Malfoy?" She retorted, her eyes still trained on her book.

He scowled and with swift movements, stole her book from her hands and shut it with a loud snap. Diana glared at the git and opened her hand.

"Give it back Malfoy."

"No," he simply said and placed the book beside him—away from the annoyed witch.

"You are so childish honestly," she scoffed and crossed her arms in front of her chest, a slight pout on her ruby red lips. It accentuated them, causing Draco's grey eyes to flicker to them.

With how wide her eyes were and the puffing of her cheeks, he couldn't help but notice how adorable she looked when mad--something he noted.

"Stop reading and actually talk to us for a change."

She huffed but conceded. "I was going to anyway."

He raised an unconvinced eyebrow. Just the mere sight of him and his raised eyebrow made Diana want to deck him upside the head.

"I got you guys gifts," she said instead and ruffled through her bag. "I apologize this is a little late but I hope all of you like it."

She brought 3 neatly wrapped boxes, a purple bow sitting on top. Daphne opened hers first and gasped at the sight of the beautiful hairpin.