i. diana

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

She wasn't supposed to be here.

Soft white curtains danced in the air as the wind caressed them gently. Light streamed through the window as the morning sun made the raven-haired girl's long eyelashes fluttered across her freckled pink tinted cheeks. Her piercing purple eyes lazily moved around her bedroom, a light sigh coming out of her pink lips.

"Princess?"

It wasn't a dream, she thought. She was still in a castle, in a place so unfamiliar yet strangely felt like home.

"Is Princess awake?"

The pale girl gingerly sat up in her canopy bed, the pristine white sheets ruffling under her, and stared at the house-elf standing in front of the double-doors of her massive bedroom.

She smiled at the little creature, "yes I am awake, you may go now. Thank you for waking me up Flinn."

The creature bowed and turned to follow its mistress's order.

Once the door shut, she flopped back on her back with a groan. She wished, begged, even prayed that this was all just a dream, a terrible one and soon she would be able to wake up to see her actual bedroom that only covered ¾ of the room she was currently in but it never happened. Days have passed ever since she woke up in this place with no recollection of who she was. The only thing she could remember, however, is that she was 16 years old when she died. The memory of her passing was fuzzy to her and whenever she tried to remember, all she could hear was the unmistakable sound of water.

And now, she was here.

Where exactly here was? 2 days ago, she noticed a letter with a distinctive letter H in its wax seal on her desk, she quickly realized why this place felt familiar, how mythical creatures were walking around the hallways and how she managed to make a book float with her bare hand.

She was in a novel. She actually reincarnated into a novel and what was worse, she was in the world of "Harry Potter".

She grabbed her pillow and whined in it, muffling the odd sound. She couldn't believe it, she didn't want to believe it. Although she wasn't really a fan of the series and only knew about it because her best friend was obsessed with it, she knew enough that the story wasn't a happy one. At least, before the happy ending, it wasn't.

The purple-eyed girl sat up and walked towards her window sill to look out through the vast forest of her new home. Soon she will be leaving and attending Hogwarts, the place where most of the story took place, and become an official student there.