six

K A I M O R E T T I

"Pay you?" I scoff as my eyebrows raise at the absurd comment.

Enzo nods his head, "Or we'll tell Leo about your little situation." He crosses his arms in a intimidating way that doesn't faze me.

"How much?" Mimicking his actions and crossing my arms against my chest.

"Two grand." Matteo speaks up.

"What?" The rest of us say shocked. We all look towards him leaning against the car with a cigarette between his lips.

"You heard me, two grand or we go tell Leo."

"Unlike you I don't just carry that amount of money around with me at all times, I'm not stupid enough to do such things." I reach my hand into my pocket, digging until I find what I need.

"Fine, one grand." He huffs annoyed.

"Why are you even asking for such high prices to begin with?" Diego leans over closer and asks Matteo just as he drops his cigarette to the floor.

"Because that's how much Leo made me pay when I did the exact same thing." He down towards his feet, most likely reminiscing the moment.

When they all slowly turn back to me watching me grab a wad of cash from my blazer and count through it until I reach one grand.

Putting the rest of my money back away I hand my brothers the small money pile in my hand. Enzo grabs it before counting through it again and halving it between the three of them.

They all pocket the money and look right back at me. "You won't carry two grand but you'll carry more?" Matteo lifts an eyebrow.

"Yeah, you got a problem about it?" I take a lollipop out from my pocket and open the wrapper.

"Let's go to the arcade!" Diego changes the subject.

"But won't I get into more trouble then?" I ask pausing for a second before deciding against it and hopping into the back of their car.

SAVING AURORA

My brother's walk into the neon lit arcade with hundreds of games in sight. Younger kids roam around the place, filling the building with screaming and laughing, reminding any older kids in the building of their long gone childhood.

I stay outside, tucked into a hidden corner as I press onto the unfamiliar contact in my phone. My eyes stay locked onto the device in hand as the number rings.

The call is on the last ring as I take a deep breath and bring it to my ear just as the line picks up.

"Hello?" I hear a deep breath through the line just as a dark cloud covers all the sunlight in the sky.

"Xavier?" I whisper just loud enough to be heard over the line.

"Aurora, I'm finally able to hear you're beautiful voice." A dark chuckle comes through the line before a hear slight movement in the background.

"Thank you," I look down towards my feet. "Are you almost here? I can't wait all day." I hear a brief laugh on the other side of the phone.

"I'm almost here, just look to your left." At the direction I turn my head to see him walking down a dirt pathway in the middle of two massive bushes.

I bring my phone away from my ear and hang up the call before walking closer towards him. We both meet halfway and look at each other.

"Lovely to meet you Xavier." I reach my arms around his neck and give him a tight hug.

His warm hand runs up and down my back, a weird feeling entering my stomach, "I could say the same for you, Aurora."

I move back, his touch lingering too long for my liking but the thought flows to the back of my mind, "What'd you bring me?"

"Since it's your first purchase you get the Xavier special," He smirks and pulls a medium sized bag from his pocket. "Inside is your basics like the good old Mary Jane and LSD but I've added in some coke and oxycontin. Anything harder you'll needed come back for that stuff."

"How much do you want for this?" I tuck it away in my bra and pull out my money.

"Four hundred."

"Nice, over in America all of this would be pushing seven hundred." I hand over the cash before pocketing the rest.

"You should come over to my place tomorrow we're having a party, there'll be better shit there." He smiles down at me.

"Sure, just send me the details and I'll be there." He leans down to hug me once more, this time his hands laying lower against my back.

"See you later Aurora." He leans back,nods his head before walking back down the path he came.

I watch him walk off into the distance, the small bag in my bra feeling heavy with each step he takes.

The responsible voice in my head stays it's a bad idea to try harder drugs but I'm not making it to eighteen alive so what's the matter if I do.

SAVING AURORA

My finger reaches across the screen to press on the Instagram icon. Immediately the app opens up onto my old friends from America post's.

A brief smile reaches my lips as I see them all together at yet another party but it soon falls when I get stuck in the memories I made with them all.

They were all my best friends for almost two years and suddenly I'm miles away from them. I grew up with them, I made stupid decisions with them, I told them my deepest secrets.

They may or may not of been the most supportive or best friends but they were still there when I had no one.

The memories of our crazy weeks fill my head. The party after party until we'd fall asleep in a bush somewhere and wake up in someone's bed the next day. The stuff that would go down at these parties will forever be in my mind.

It may not seem like a long time but these last couple of days have been the longest I've spent without going out, whether that be a houseparty or a car race that ended in a target carparks.

One of my favorite things about all these things was the outfits, I've always loved anything related to fashion. One of the only reasons way I've always wanted to become a model when I'm older, but I know if I do most of my fame would come from my family's success, not that I'd make it to that age.

And that's one thing I do not want, I want to do it my way and all on my own. Still occasionally use their support for small things but I don't want to rely on them, I want to be my own person.

I click on my account, scrolling down my page while going through all the posts I've made over the past few months, most of them photos of race tracks, pranks I've pulled, parties and majority of them me wearing little to no clothing with a guy by my side.

The good old days.

Hello. So I may or may not of disappeared for a month once but I started school and then completely gave up the thought of finishing the books and I also had zero motivation which I still don't.

This isn't me saying that I'll continue writing and uploading on a schedule but it also doesn't mean that'll disappear.

Very exciting news but I just got a bunch of secondhand books I've been looking at for ages which I love because they're old and knowing someone else has read it and had thoughts on it (sounds weird ik) which I absolutely adore.

Until next time lovelies,

J<3