eleven

-
K A I  M O R E T T I
-

"What the fuck is wrong with you?! I am not doing that!" I whisper yell at Isaiah, my voice filled with pure anger.

"Come on just live a little, we won't remember this in ten years it's not life threatening." Isaiah pushes my shoulder while laughing at me.

"That's stupid though, you'd have to pay me to do that." I glare at Isaiah's retreating figure before a long sigh leaves my lips.

SAVING AURORA

"What was that about paying you again?" Isaiah laughs and takes a large bite of the sandwich he stole from my bag.

"That was my sandwich you know." I snatch the plastic bag from his hands before bolting down the hallway with him hot on my heels.

"Get back here you sandwich thief!" Isaiah yells down the full hallways, students parting ways when they see us running through the halls.

"It was mine first you idiot!" I turn down a left hallway and end up almost falling on my face before running straight into the 3 people I was trying to avoid.

"Hey guys, nothing to see here just me and Isaiah taking a little jog around the school." I grab him by the ear when he stops right next to me, internally praying that he plays along.

"Yeah just me and Kai going on a quick jog, we're actually trying to get our endurance up so Kai can join the track team." He puts his arm around my neck, his musky cologne filling my nostrils.

"Track team?" They all look from Isaiah over to me, surprise evident on their faces.

"You idiot, I hadn't told them yet!" I smack his head over and over again, annoyed as a deep laugh leaves his mouth, "But yes I was planning on joining the track team or the volleyball team, I haven't decided yet."

"Well we're already on the football team so just go talk to coach and sign up for tryouts." Enzo shrugs.

"Yeah remember to tell Leo, he'll definitely want to know." Matteo adds.

"Yeah whatever they said." Diego mutters with a disoriented look plastered on his face.

"We'll see you after school." They all take their turns in ruffling my hair and walking back down the long hallway.

"Where would Coach be?" I turn on my heels, looking at Isaiah.

"In her office or on the fields, you dumbass?" He takes my arm and drags me around the school all the way to Coach Mindy's office.

Before I know it the door is swinging open after Isaiah knocked on it, "What can I do for you Isaiah?" Her smile bigger than my 5th grade class fish.

"Well you see my best friend over here, Kai Moretti, wants to join the track or volleyball team?" He pulls me into his side, giving coach Mindy a view of me. I watch as her eyes go wide when she looks down at my short frame.

"Of course, of course come on in!" Her happy voice relaxing most the tension in my shoulders.

"So you are the famous Moretti sister, you've been the talk of the school for awhile now." Her motherly voice and attitude brings a small smile to my face.