eight

_
K A I  M O R E T T I
_

My eyes open slowly when I feel movement next to me. My hand comes up to my face to rub my eyes, all the sleepiness that was once there is now gone.

Looking around the unfamiliar room in confusion. I sit up while holding the black bedsheets to my chest, which when I look down it's completely covered in hickeys.

When I finally look over next to me and see Xavier sleeping peacefully, all the memories from last night are rushing back into my head.

The party. The alcohol. The coke. The endless rounds of cocaine-ridden sex.

A small smile forms on my lips from it all until I remember my brothers and me sneaking out last night, when I should definitely be in bed asleep like every teenager on a Saturday.

I almost leap out of bed, tripping on my feet when I my heels from last night still on my feet. I continue on grabbing my clothes from last night and putting them on, wincing as I pull my skirt up my aching legs.

Once I'm done I walk over to the beside table next to Xavier and find a small peace of paper and pen.

I write a quick note for him and leave it on top of his phone to see when he wakes up. I lean over to his sleeping body and kiss his check softly, any leftover lipstick I had on now on his check.

He stirs in his sleep, mumbling some nonsense with a small smile on his face before going still once more.

Standing back up and heading to the door, I grab his t-shirt from last night and put it over my top, tucking it into my skirt to make it visible.

Closing his door quietly before fast walking down the hallway and stairs. Once I leave his house I running to my own, holding my boobs while I do.

I make it to the secret path behind my house within five minutes, when a normal walk between our houses is fifteen minutes. While I'm walking on the path that wraps around my whole house, I look at the driveway out front.

When I spot no cars there I release a breath of relief and keep on walking until I get to my side of the house. I walk up to the back door, slightly shocked but nonetheless relieved when I find it unlocked.

I quietly pull it closed behind me and practically run up to my bedroom. Locking my door behind me and leaning against it while taking in a deep breath.

I lay down on my bed, looking up at the ceiling and thinking about a certain gray-eyed boy.

SAVING AURORA

I look over to where my phone is sitting next to me, slowly checking the time is almost 5pm. I practically jump up and out of bed when i realise i slept the whole day away.

My hands come up to my eyes and begin rubbing the sleep out of them. I get out of bed and walk into my bathroom, looking in the mirror at my horrid figure.

My hair is tangled, my eyes are all red and swollen, my lips have grown in size from the puffiness, they're marks on my arm from my blanket. I look like a just slept for a week and had the best sleep of my life. Which I did.

Turning around I begin taking my clothes off before hoping into the shower and turning the water to scolding hot. The only way to have a shower.