6

~ No one's Pov -

It's school today. Emma quickly wakes Evelyn and they both get changed into the uniforms.
Lily still has a day off so she continues to sleep.

They both rush to class and take out the subject books as the lecture starts.

~ lunch break ~

"Emma, I'm gonna go use the restroom and come." Evelyn said as she got up from her seat and Emma left to go to the cafeteria.

As soon as Evelyn was gonna open the restroom door, someone pulled her in the hallway.
And that someone was a bully.

"And what's going on in life Evelyn?" He asked in his annoying tone.
"Can you please leave me? I need to use the restroom."
"Oh, sure, let's go together." He was about to pull Evelyn in with him but Evelyn was stern and stood at the same spot she was standing.

"Oh, okay, maybe next time." The boy said, feeling disappointed as to how a random girl didn't obey him.
"Evelyn you're so ugly, yet I came to you, don't you wanna be friends with me?" He said which made Evelyn want to give a tight slap to him, but... she controlled.

"You know, we can go on a date, I know I have many other beautiful girls than you, but you do have a lil money though." He smirked.
Evelyn couldn't say anything, but she was shocked.
"You know what, you should give your money to me, only handsome and beautiful people should be rich, not uglies like you." He pulled Evelyn's hand and came closer to her.

"And you know what? You should stop hitting on me, cause I don't deserve trash." Evelyn left from there.
The boy's ego was hurt, he was extremely angry.

'I'll see you today.' The boy made a revenge plan.

"Evelyn, the break was over 5 minutes ago, what the heck were you doing!? Is everything okay...." Emma asked, concerned about the Evelyn who has a slick to tear in her eyes.

"Yeah, just some friends met, so we were talking." Evelyn lied as she faked a smile along with it. It hurt Evelyn to lie to Emma so much, but she didn't want Emma to know the truth either.

- After school -

A long, tiring school day was finally over, and Evelyn sighed in relief after she completed the notes from the last lecture.

"Emma, I need to go home to get some of my things, I'll see you in a bit, bye!" Evelyn waved a bye to Emma and made her way towards the school gate with her backpack hanging on her shoulder.

She hummed a tune as she went out the school gate and crossed the road, carefully.
She was almost gonna reach near her home alley, when suddenly someone pulled her in a dark, shady, alley.

Their hand was on Evelyn's mouth, the person was wearing a mask, he was a boy, because of his hand on Evelyn's mouth, her screams came out only to be muffled.
"Leave!" She said.
The hand finally was off her mouth.
"Don't dare to scream or bare the consequences." She recognised this voice.
This deep, dark, irritating voice of the bully.

"Oh, it's you, I was scared for no reason then." She said in a confident voice.
"SHUT UP! You don't know how scary I can be!" The boy shouted, as he slapped her.

He was gonna pull her towards him, when suddenly someone came in between.
"Leave her or you'll be dead right and right here."
The unknown person spoke as he pulled the girl who now seemed to be a little scared after the bully slapped her.

"Haha, and mister, who are you?" The bully spoke as he laughed it off.
He was laughing and still trying to get Evelyn in his grip when suddenly the next second, he was on the ground with a punch on his face.

"You are in the same grade as her, same age, same school, then how can you do such a nasty thing to her!? You can be the definition of Heartless and shameless actually." The stranger said and pulled Evelyn out of the dark alley with him.

"Are you hurt? Did he do anything to you?" He asked Evelyn who was crying silently.
"N-no... just a slap... thankyou s-so much for saving me, I can't thank you enough." She smiled between her tears.

"It's okay. Your safety is very important." He said which made Evelyn slightly confused as to why he was so concerned about her but she shrugged if off with a smile.

"Can I drop you somewhere?" He asked.
"Umm, can you drop me near my school? I have a friend there, can you take me to her?"
As soon as she said, the boy's smile brightened.
"Sure." He took her towards his car as they both sat inside.

The whole car ride was silent, Evelyn wanted to take a very important thing from her house, but she thought it was the best to go back to Emma for now, after her safety was put into danger.

They both reached near the gate, and he was gonna leave but Evelyn told him to come with her.
"Please come, I want you to meet my friend and thank you." She smiled so he agreed.
He knew on the inside, that if he meets Emma then she would be upset and uncomfortable but he wanted to give a try. Evelyn told the school guard that he was her friend and registered his name in the security's book.

"Emma, it's me, open the door." Evelyn knocked, as the boy stood behind her with his head hung low.
He was extremely nervous but at the same time kind of happy to bump into Emma again.

"Where were you? What took you so long!?" Emma hugged Evelyn as soon as the door was open.
"And who is he-" Emma stopped mid sentence as they made eye contact.
"What are you doing here?! Did you follow my sister?!" Emma yelled at him.
"N-no.." he tried to speak but was cut off by Emma pushing him slightly.

"How dare you come here?! I never want to see you again here! GET OUT!" She screamed and was gonna close the door on his face when, Evelyn stopped her.

"Emma, calm down, I don't know how you know him, but he just saved my life." Emma looked at her, confused.
"I'll explain if you apologise to him and let him in." Emma sighed as she apologised to him and made way for him to come in.
She shut the door behind them and made way towards the couch where the two were sitting.

"Explain." She said sternly.
"Okay... so... umm...." Evelyn was nervous.. she was scared that if she tells about the bully to Emma, she will yell at her that why she didn't tell what happened near the restroom before.

Emma sensed the nervousness, so she sat besides Evelyn and gave her a reassuring smile as she rested her hand on Evelyn's.

Evelyn shared everything what happened and Emma was very scared for Evelyn's safety.
"You should have told me before! I could've come with you to your house." Emma hugged her tight, which gave Evelyn a reassurance that Emma is there for her.

After they pulled away, Emma thanked the boy, or you can say Nolan.

"Thanks Nolan. If you hadn't saved her, who knows what that bullshit the boy must've done. Thankyou so much." She gave him a soft smile.

"My duty." He smiled back.
"I'll leave now, hope to see you girls around soon, I guess. And please take care."
He said and left from there.
Emma was extremely grateful to him for saving Evelyn, and of course, same goes for Evelyn.
They both slept after sometime, and well, an update on Lily? She'll be sleeping at Hazel's place today.
That kid really has a fun school day off.