11

- Lily's dad's house continue-
- No one's Pov-
Previously:

"Emma....!!!" Evelyn cried out and ran towards her.
She immediately sensed something off.
As she went closer to Emma, she sensed a noise coming from behind the headboard.

It was... a "gun getting loaded" noise.
As soon as Evelyn saw the gun in Lily's dad's hand, she ran to Emma and tried her best to untie her hands.
Emma struggled to do it quickly, and was shocked as she heard a gunshot go off.

It wasn't Evelyn... it wasn't Emma either.
Who was it...?

(Now)

It was... Lily.

Everyone, including Emma, who was now untied, was running towards Lily.
"Lily? Lily?? Lily!? Lily get up!"
Emma and Nolan panicked.
"How dare you?! She's your daughter... how can you do this?" Evelyn yelled out as she cried in front of Lily's father.

"Okay. You said everything right. Except for one, she ISN'T my daughter."
He said.
"WHAT?!" All three of them turned towards him.
"Guys, first we need to take her to hospital. She is getting unconscious."
Nolan said and everyone agreed, except Lily's father, of course, who was just standing there with a blank stare on Lily.

Emma and Evelyn ran downstairs as Nolan picked Lily in his arms and went towards his car. Lily's father, or whoever he was to Lily, just stood there and watched them drive off in Nolan's car.

"Nolan, speed up!"
Evelyn said between her tears.

- Hospital -

After reaching the hospital, Lily was rushed to the emergency room.
After sometime, the doctor came out.
"She's lucky... the bullet just slightly touched her.. lucky it didn't go deep in."
"But you have to take care of her even more. And make sure that for few days she isn't overworking her right hand. It might give a little pressure near the wound.. she has to take a lot of rest."

"Y-yes.. thankyou so much." Evelyn said and started crying again after the doctor left.
Nolan patted his hand on her back and Emma too comforted her.

"Shhh, she's gonna be okay." Emma said, though she was silently crying too.
"Umm... should we go meet her? Would that make you feel better?" Nolan asked Evelyn and she nodded.
"Okay, I'll ask permission from the doctor, wait."

"We can go." He said as he came back.
They walked towards the room, and Evelyn's tears went out of control again as she saw Lily.

"E-Evelyn..?" Lily asked as her eyes fluttered open.
"Lily." All three of them looked up to Lily and went to hug her.
After they calmed down, they told Lily what happened.
"I know.... It's not the first time he's hurt me.. it's just that he's never done it with a gun." Lily smiled sadly. You could tell by her expression that she was extremely extremely sad.

And, from that expression, they decided not to tell Lily about what her father said that she isn't his daughter.
"She's already hurt way too much.. let's not tell her now....." Nolan said and both the girls agreed.

"But Nolan... thankyou. Thankyou SO much."
Emma and Evelyn thanked him.
"We're very grateful that you came for helping us.."
Emma said as tears made way to her eyes.
"Let's forget the past..." Nolan said as Emma hugged him tightly, leaving Nolan shocked but also relieved that she can finally accept him again. He hugged back with all his warmth and then involved Evelyn too in the hug.
"I hope we stay together forever." Evelyn said as she smiled between her tears.
"Hey! I'm also there!" Lily said from behind them.
"Haha. Sorry!" They went near Lily and involved her too in the group hug.

And well, for sleeping, all three of them slept in the hospital only, in Lily's room, there were 2 couches, so Nolan slept on one couch, and Emma on the other. Evelyn slept with Lily, making sure she doesn't hurt her wounded hand.

- Next Day -

They went back to Lily's house, only to see no one in the house. The whole house/ mansion was empty. The main door was open.
"Huh. He ran away."
Nolan said.
"No sign of gun or blood too." Nolan added.
"Of course, he wouldn't leave any evidence for us."
Emma sighed, and they left.
"Should we tell the police?"