D & D

Eddie Munson was the outcast at our school, Hawkins High, but he preferred to be that way. He loves playing guitar, dressing alternatively, and especially playing D & D.

He's the leader of the "cult club" called Hellfire, with his strange posse. There's one thing that no one knows about him, not that he's a drug dealer, but his secret affair with me.

Eddie and I met in middle school and we were unstoppable. We hung out everyday and did everything together. He introduced me to his guilty pleasure, Dungeons and Dragons.

We played at his trailer every weekend while his uncle was away for work at the plant. One night, we finally had a sleepover. We stayed up for most of the night until we couldn't keep out eyes open at five in the morning.

We slept in the same bed since we trusted each other. Before falling asleep, we talked a little about life and where we want to be in ten years.

He said that he hopes we're still friends forever and we agreed that if we're not married by thirty, we'll marry each other.

Face to face, laying next to each other, I noticed he kept looking at my lips and I made a joke about it and he got embarrassed.

Then, I brushed my hand across his buzzed head, and caressed his cheek. He then whispered, "Promise me... Promise that whatever happens, we will still remain friends." I nodded and he continued to look from my eyes to my lips.

Then he leaned in and I didn't pull away. Our lips met and our eyes naturally closed. I could feel a smile on his face.

After a minute, we pulled away and he said while smiling, "I couldn't tell you how long I wanted to do that."

We both started laughing, maybe a little too loud because we were being delusional due to the lack of sleep. Then, before we knew it, we were both fast asleep.

Eddie and I woke up really late, around four in the afternoon. I woke up first. He had his arm around my waist, so I drifted my hand from his elbow to his hand, going back and forth.

I didn't realize that his uncle was home until I heard rumbling around in the kitchen, and smelled the stench of cigarettes. I quickly turned around, so we were facing each other again, he shifted a little, and I just admired him sleeping.

He must've felt me staring because his eyes began to open. "You staring at me, you freak?" He says with a chuckle, then does one of those full body stretches and his hand drift back to my body.

Even though, we were both thirteen, it felt like we were much older.

"You're uncle's home." I tell him.

"You can sneak out the window." He says looking looking behind me, assuming he was looking at his window.

"I have to go home, my mom has probably been calling." She's never home anymore because she got a full-time job as a nurse at the hospital twenty minutes away.

I start to sit up on the bed and swing my feet over the edge, with my back facing him.

I feel his finger go from my neck and slowly down my back, which sends a shiver through my body.

Then, we both jump at the knocking on his bedroom door, which was luckily locked.

"Ed, it's almost four-thirty, you gotta get up. Clean this place up, looks shit-hooked." He starts twisting at the handle, but it wouldn't open. "You hear me, boy?" Eddie rolls his eyes and lets out a sigh.

"Yes. I'll be out in a minute." Then we listen for his uncle's footsteps to recede back to the living room where he has the tv screeching.

I stand up from his bed and gather my shoes and bag off the floor, where we left our game of D&D spread out. I head for the window and push it open. I throw my stuff out first and then I went next. When I'm out, I hear a "Hey." It's Eddie.

I grab my stuff off of the muddy ground, and spin around to see him leaning his head out the window.

Then, his hand goes under my chin and he pulls my face to his, planting a kiss on my lips. I pull away and we both smile.

I say, "Okay, I'll see you at school tomorrow." Then, I'm off, trying not to get caught, I cut through the neighbor's backyard and I go home, which is five blocks away from Eddie's trailer park.

I think about that day all the time, even to this day. I smile every time my mind drifts back to it. Our first kiss.

I've never see him so vulnerable and serious. I love that side of him. I love him, but no one can know that now because I have to be dating Steve, the hair, Harrington.

Don't get me wrong, I love Steve, but that love isn't quite like how I feel about Eddie.