Back to school (GETTING SPICY)

"Oh God." My eyes shot open. I slept like a rock. It was almost a month after the party and I'm still having nightmares about it. I maneuvered in my bed so I was laying on my back. I stared at the ceiling, my eyes drifting to my closet where Eddie's jacket hung.

My eyes move to my alarm clock, the time reading six o'clock. I have time. Today I decided to walk to school, it's only a half an hour away.

I pull myself out of bed and got ready. My eyes wander back to the closet. Eddie's jacket. A thought shot through my mind. Should I wear it to school?

I grab the jacket and throw it on. Fuck it.

"Y/n! Someone is here for you!" My mom calls up to me.

"Who the hell?" I throw on my shoes and grab my bag, then I go downstairs to see Robin standing at my front door.

"Hey... Robin. What's going on? I was going to walk to school today."

"Hey, um okay, can I walk with you?" I know exactly why she's here.

"Sure..." I quickly run to the kitchen and grab a pack of Poptarts and I walk back.

"Are you not going to introduce me to your... friend?" My mom is seriously so annoying. I roll my eyes.

"Mom, this is Robin, Robin this is my mom." I point to both of them and I pull the front door open and drag Robin outside by her hand.

"Nice meeting you!" Robin says, but the front door is already closed. We both begin walking.

"So, what's up?" I start questioning.

"Do you remember what happened at Steve's party? It was a while ago, but...do you?" She can barely look at me.

I just lie and say I only remember some events.

We walk in silence for a while until we walk past Eddie's trailer park. My stomach begins to tie into a knot. I try not to look suspicious, but I can't help but look right at his trailer. Of course, he's coming outside and sees me and  waves. I pretend I don't see him and walk forward even quicker.

"Did you really cheat on Steve?" Robin asks hesitantly. "You don't have to answer."

"No, I would never do anything like that." I wouldn't tell her what happened in the closet, but still, it wasn't considered cheating. My mind drifts back to that night, our mouths open and ready to connect, but he pulls away. If he did kiss me, I don't think I would pull back.

"Are you and Steve still together?"

"You ask a lot of questions don't you?" I reply. I never answer, but I ask myself the same thing.

"Yeah... I'm sorry." She starts saying. "I just haven't talked to Steve since the party because he knew I liked Nancy, and still proceeded to kiss her." She looks down while walking.

"I had no idea." I reply. "That's so screwed up." I put my hand on her shoulder, showing sympathy for her.

As we approach Hawkins High, I hear a familiar voice from behind us. I don't even need to turn around, I already know it's Eddie. I couldn't face him, so I sped walked right into the school.

I didn't realize how cold it was outside because I was so hot thinking about Eddie, but that's over now. Robin was still behind me, but wasn't saying anything. Right when I walked in, I saw Steve leaning up against my locker and I went to turn around, but Eddie was standing right behind me.

I accidently bump into him. "Woah there, y/n! Am I in your way?" He asks sarcastically and looks up at Steve and smiles. "Oh, hey, I like your jacket by the way!" He taps the underside of my chin and walks away, not looking back.