Corroded Coffin

I wake up in Eddie's arms. He's still sleeping. We have time before we have to get up, so I just admire him.

I trace the outline of his tattoos and trail up to his face, where I play with his hair.

After about ten minutes, my alarm clock finally goes off. Eddie shifts a little.

"What time is it?" He has a little rasp to his voice.

"It's like... Six." I say and he slowly opens his eyes, trying to get used to the light. He rubs his face.

"It's like... Too early." He stretches while saying this. I slide out of bed and shut my alarm off.

"Well, you can lay down for a bit. I just like getting up early, so I can get ready." I begin to dress myself and he watches me from my bed. I see him looking at me in the reflection of my mirror. I put my head down and smile.

Eddie sits up on the bed. "Come back." He reaches his hands out to me.

I turn around and reach back, placing my hands in his. Then, he yanks me on top of him and squeezes me tight. He kisses my face, and I try to fight it.

"Eddie... Eddie! We have to get ready." I say, laughing between each word.

"We should just... Skip." He pulls away and we look at each other. I adjust myself so I am now straddling across him.

"You are such a bad influence." I say and he grabs my wrists and shakes me.

"Please?" He looks at me with those innocent, doe eyes.

I turn away from him, almost giving in. "Eddie, I can't. My mom will kill me if she finds out." I say.

"Ugh. Fine... You're no fun." He boops my nose and I try to climb off of him but he keeps a strong grip on my waist.

"Eddie..." I say and he shoots both hands up, palms facing me.

I stand up and drag him out of bed. He puts on his, somewhat damp jeans from yesterday that he wears everyday.

We both go downstairs, the scent of cinnamon hits us when we reach the last step.

"Good morning!" My mom yells when we walk into the kitchen. "I'm making french toast if you couldn't already tell." She looks over her shoulder at the both of us.

"Sick." Eddie says and swings his arm over my shoulder.

"How was the guest bedroom?" She asks and Eddie and I look at each other.

"Good..." He doesn't sound convincing. "Very comfortable." He adds and looks back to my mom and smiles.

"Oh, I'm glad." She scoops the french toast off of the pan, one by one, and plates it.

Eddie and I both sit down next to each other at the table and my mom hands us the plates.

Eddie begins to dig in, then starts to say, "Oh... Um..." He swallows a bite of french toast. "Thank you so much for such the hospitality." Eddie tells my mom.

"Any time." She says with a smile. "It was my pleasure." Then, she leans over and kisses the top of Eddie's head.

After we're done eating, I grab our plates and place them in the sink.

"Alright, we're gonna to get going." I say to my mom.

"Okay guys, have a good day at school." She takes a sip of coffee and smiles behind the mug.

Eddie and I grab our things and head to school.

Eddie gave me words of affirmation before we walked in through the doors because he could tell I was getting anxious.