Chapter 2 : Phoenix Reborn🔥

Sae Kyung was devastated.
This really was her last chance.

What did she lack to not have been picked.

She slaved for all these years, composing and spending all her time in the studio regardless of day and night.

Was this also not enough?

The selected group of girls were being led away by the instructors as the trainees who failed to make it stood frozen to their spots.

Sae Kyung needed the reason. She needed to know what she lacked.

She ran upto Ms Jackie.

"Jackie Ssaem! Jackie Ssaem!" She caught upto the instructor who had an expression of remorse.

"Why....why did I not make it through...was i not doing well?" Sae Kyung had tears in her eyes,as Ms Jackie looked down to the floor,trying to not look into her eyes.

"You were doing really good SK...but...sometimes it's just not about hard work....there's so many more unfortunate..." Before she could continue, the old rap instructor Mr Gong came by,having eavesdropped on their conversation.

"Why don't you just tell that kid?! Why are you sugarcoating it?" He said roughly glancing at SK.

"Let me tell you Shin Sae Kyung. You don't have the looks of an idol. Neither do you fit the image of our upcoming girl group. And that's why you are out! Got it?" He spit out harshly before shrugging and going away.

Sae Kyung could here him murmur-

"Not that kid demanding answers. Tsk tsk."

Sae Kyung was speechless. She had not spent these many years of her precious teenage years to hear this today.

"Sae Kyung ah..." Ms Jackie put her hand on the younger girl's shoulders,trying to comfort her,but she herself was on the verge of crying having witnessed all the cruelty SK and the other trainees had faced till now.

"Jackie Ssaem." SK spoke up suddenly.

"Thank you for everything."

"SK yah-"

"I am done. I quit."

______________________________

Shin Sae Kyung was a failure. That young 10 year old who dreamt of changing the rap industry was a nobody now.

A rejected failure.

She walked outside the old building she would never step foot into ever again.

The moment felt surreal- she was letting go the only thing she knew how to do. All purpose in her life was lost.

She took another heavy step forward when a black van landed in front of her. She was pulled into it before she could realise.

And before she could scream, a slender finger on her lips shushed her.

Her eyes widened in amazement to see who it was.

"Soyeon Unnie?!"

Soyeon Unnie winked at her.

"Looks like I got here just in time.  Now are you ready to be kidnapped my child?"

________________________________

And like that-former failure idol trainee Shin Sae Kyung was kidnapped by Idol Star Jeon Soyeon and taken to a secret hideout- well just Soyeon's apartment.

"Unnie...I didn't make it through-" before Sae Kyung could complete her story Soyeon shoved a cookie into her mouth.

"Hostage. Please eat first. I have already witnessed everything that's happening in that Tube. I have to congratulate you for freeing yourself from the upcoming mess that company can potentially make." Soyeon sighed.