Chapter 38: The Mandalorian

Mando and Lenore made their way off Concordia without any additional obstacles. It didn't take long for them to arrive at the spaceport where Fett and the others were waiting. Though as quick as the journey was, it still seemed like an eternity to Lenore. She was anxious to see Sashee and tell her about Jord. But for now she just needed to focus and keep her composure. She didn't want to lose face in front of Mando again.

As Mando pulled into the port, the two of them spotted Slave I was in the corner of the port.

"There they are," Mando said. "I'll take care of the arrangements, you go ahead and meet up with the other," Mando instructed. Lenore nodded and walked down the ramp of the ship.

Where are they?, she thought to herself. Looking around for Sashee, she felt desperate. Never before had she needed to see a friendly face. But as luck would have it she wouldn't find Sashee, she would find Fett instead.

"Welcome back," Fett greeted, "Your lot's gathering their things. The Jedi struck a bargain for a T-47 for your trip home. The droid isn't too thrilled about his seat."

"He's a tough one, but I'm afraid he's grown accustomed to a certain standard of living," Lenore said, unsurprised by R3's attitude about his seat in the rear.

"You'll need to rebandage that shoddy patch work," Fett said, pointing to her shoulder. Fennec and Cara approached them cautiously, wondering if she was badly injured or worse angered about the turn of events.

"I'm fine. Looks worse than it is," she assured them.

"Glad to hear," Cara said unconvinced but she wasn't going to call Lenore out.

"Help yourself to the medical supplies," Fennec offered while examining Lenore's shoulder.

"Thanks, I will. I'll find Sash," Lenore tried to end the conversation to get away from the group.

"Hold on Little One," Fett remarked. "You did well. The Boushh armor is yours now."

"That was the agreement," Lenore turned to leave but froze as Fett extended his hand. Lenore looked at it and then him. It was uncharacteristic to see such praise from the bounty hunter. Perhaps he had changed. But Lenore couldn't trust the gesture completely. Last time she shook his hand she lost hers, though it would seem it would make matters worse if she refused. She reached out and shook it.

"As I said before, if you ever pass through Tatooine, stop in to pay your respects. That's not a request." Fett released her hand. Lenore nodded and caught sight of Koska walking toward the group. The anger began boiling up inside her. She tried to stay calm as she had more pressing matters to deal with than an overconfident Mandalorian nerfherder.

"So much for catching up," she snarled.

That did it. Lenore lost her temper and pulled out her knife. She lunged at Koska who darted back but not far enough and not in time. The blade scraped across her cheek drawing blood. Koska touched her check and stared at her blood stained fingertips. She swung her fist at Lenore. Lenore ducked.

Fennec and Cara moved in to intervene but Fett held up his hand to stop them. He knew Lenore wanted revenge and in his eyes she deserved it.

Koska threw a cross punch into Lenore's injured shoulder causing her to wince. If she was going to fight dirty, so could she. She pulled out her lance and hit Koska in the gut. Hardly phased by the blow, Koska brought her fist together and slammed as hard as she could down on Lenore's back. Lenore fell to the floor but wasn't through. She swung her leg around and knocked Koska off her feet and flat on her back. Lenore moved in to pin her down, but was pulled back to her feet.